Author Topic: v6.00 Patch  (Read 14240 times)

Offline WHCnelson

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • W
Re: v6.00 Patch
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2012, 10:55:13 AM »
  Well I have copied both files twice to my Aurora folder and then went on to create a new game.    Everything worked fine until I clicked on the CREATE GAME Button.   It is still generating the game after ten minutes!!!!!????!!!!     IS this NORMAL?!?!!?!!   HELP

Offline WHCnelson

• W
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2012, 12:18:09 PM »
  Ok,   Make that thirty minutes!!!    I have also deleted the entire Aurora files and reinstalled the latest and still it has taken thirty minutes....  after which I kill the operation...   After clicking the Create Game Button I get the first information and then I click ok for the rest of the generation....   Then it runs and runs and after thirty minutes....  after which I kill the operation...    I think I am going to over right the 6.00 for the 5.56 version....     Help!?!?!?!

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2012, 12:22:19 PM »
  Ok,   Make that thirty minutes!!!    I have also deleted the entire Aurora files and reinstalled the latest and still it has taken thirty minutes....  after which I kill the operation...   After clicking the Create Game Button I get the first information and then I click ok for the rest of the generation....   Then it runs and runs and after thirty minutes....  after which I kill the operation...    I think I am going to over right the 6.00 for the 5.56 version....     Help!?!?!?!

What options are you using with the new game?

Offline WHCnelson

• W
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2012, 12:41:55 PM »
In Non-NPR Cpu Opponents only Precursors are checked  in the CPU-Controlled Empires 1 opponent and both create 1 or more....    and Generate Empires as NPRs are checked.     I have set number of systems at 1500 Starting year 600 Difficulty Mod, and Construction Cycle are unchanged as is Gov type, Commander Theme, Species Name, Max oxygen pressure, max atmo pressure, the two Commanders checks, Inexperience Fleets check, and Real Star systems check.   I have changed Max Dev in Gravity to 80%, Population to 1300, Weath creation rate and Industrial Percentage to 200.   The number of shipyards is 10 and Research Facilities is 60.  The starting Tech points is 725,000 with 1 system jump point the jump survey and system survey is checked as well as the assign starting tech and create ship designs.   Then last both orbital motion for planets & moons are checked....   

Offline WHCnelson

• W
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2012, 12:42:40 PM »
oh and make temp deviation is 30 ???

Offline WHCnelson

• W
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2012, 12:50:46 PM »
   Oh, I also like I said reinstalled the 5.54 full install, then the 5.56 update and then the 6.00 update and then started my new game....   The files are installed in my owners document folder outside of the Programs and Programs(86x) folders on the C drive due to the problems windows 7 has with administrative issues on your own computer...   I hope this helps.... :o

Offline sublight

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2012, 01:01:26 PM »
  Well I have copied both files twice to my Aurora folder and then went on to create a new game.    Everything worked fine until I clicked on the CREATE GAME Button.   It is still generating the game after ten minutes!!!!!????!!!!     IS this NORMAL?!?!!?!!   HELP

I'm having the same problem with 6.0 with windows XP. When I generate a new game it freezes and never continues past the setup into the game. Not after 5 minutes. Not after 50. However, if I simply force quite Aurora a few minutes after the last of the usual popup notices appear then the new game is waiting for me when I restart as if nothing was ever wrong.

Offline WHCnelson

• W
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2012, 01:07:17 PM »
 ;D Your right...  Oh, My another error noticed...  :o

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2012, 07:25:15 PM »
I'm having the same problem with 6.0 with windows XP. When I generate a new game it freezes and never continues past the setup into the game. Not after 5 minutes. Not after 50. However, if I simply force quite Aurora a few minutes after the last of the usual popup notices appear then the new game is waiting for me when I restart as if nothing was ever wrong.
I am having the same problem with a windows 7 installation.  No previous problems of this nature on this machine from earlier versions of aurora.

Brian

Offline Victuz

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2012, 08:31:15 AM »
Alright got the game to work on windows 7 (run as administrator was all that I needed...) and now I wanted to start a proper game in 6.0 with a warmongering empire.
I noticed that WH40k naming theme is mentioned in the changelog. I found the commander theme but I can't find the empire/chaos ship naming theme. What are they called? Are they even in?

Edit: On another note I also seem to be experiencing the issue where it takes forever to generate NPR's. I have set the number of generated NPR's to 2 so this might be affecting it. I'll leave it running for 20 minutes than force quit and try to play the game anyway the same that sublight did it.
I'll also check if it happens with older versions to make sure it's not just W7 issue.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 08:53:29 AM by Victuz »

Online Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2012, 09:13:22 AM »
I'm working on the intermittent issue with Aurora hanging during new game setup but I am struggling to pin down the cause. If anyone has noticed a pattern to this problem, please let me know.

Steve

Offline Victuz

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2012, 09:27:51 AM »
I have managed to generate a game in an older version.
Additionally in 6.0 I managed to generate successfully after reducing the number of NPR's at start to 1 (previously set it to 2) without changing anything else. It took about 2 times the normal time but other than that no real issue on this front.
The only real thing apart from npr number I've changed the first time around is I set the system gravitational survey to be done. Everything else apart from naming themes was set to standard.
I'm not sure what caused the issue the first time around. I'll try doing it again to see if it was an isolated case.

On another note now I'm getting error 53 "File not found: Planetjpeg\a11.jpg" when I press f9 to get into system information. That ends up in the game crashing...
But from what I've checked so far that's a windows 7 instalation issue. I'll have to figure it out later

Edit: Interestingly enough when I set everything up the same way as previously (2 NPR's same year same themes etc) and disabled "Jump survey completed" I did manage to generate a game with more than 1 NPR. Going to do it again with the same settings and jump survey checked to see if that might actually be the reason or if it's just a lucky draw.

EDIT2: Nevermind. Generated it again with survey done and it worked fine this time. Going to keep looking into that I've got to remember what settings I assigned when it didn't want to work because I'm sure there is something I'm forgetting.

EDIT3: Ok after multiple generations for the sake of checking the issue has not popped up again. I don't know what caused it before, the only thing I changed file wise was installing msstdfmt.dll after I got the first game running by force quitting and turning it on (f9 wouldn't work). so possibly this has something to do with the game generating normally no matter the settings now.

I'm no longer experiencing error 53 though since I copied a few of the images in the planetjpeg (namely10 and 19) and renamed them to fit the ones that the program was asking for.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 10:02:11 AM by Victuz »