Author Topic: First Contact (maybe)  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Breytac (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • B
First Contact (maybe)
« on: August 05, 2010, 06:26:23 AM »
So I've got my jump capable Darwin class survey chip cruising around Alpha Centauri when all of a sudden I see a wreck on the screen and a lifepod. Whoever or whatever took out that ship didn't hang around and I didn't see any hostile ships with active search sensors running as I did when playing another campaign (I've restarted several times). Unfortunate;y the only ship I had in the system was a gatebuilding ship I had designed.

So now I'm in the process of researching and designing sensors, beam weapons and search sensors in the hope I can find whatever or whoever did this to my ship and maybe dish out some punishment, or gather intel to build a ship or two capable of dishing out some punishment. A geological survey of the system, completed before the survey ship was destroyed, also found a ruined outpost on one of the planets.

Somehow, I don't think it was a hostile ship as the gatebuilder wasn't been attacked. The survey ship was destroyed close to gravitational survey point 21. An unknown wreck is also located in this system.

To conclude: Damn cool,  I could be going to war! And it's only February 20th, 2066.

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
Re: First Contact (maybe)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 11:15:11 AM »
Good luck out there Captain:-D

Now,before am venture out the any Jumpgate i will be sure:
1 Naval Squadroon ready to support,Tankers,Colliers,AMM AreaDef vessels,Missile Cruiser,ShortRange anti-FAC Fighter,Fast Gunboat with >300mm Laser onboard,transportTroops,Supportvessels for hot maintenance,MineLayers (DAMN! this cunning ships release a multi-buoy ammo and are a TRULY Ambusher ships toward any ships on our back..ive wins some encounter with a 3 minelayers in a squadroon..finish'em with others Warship next...trust me..)

before am jump out another JG..our battered beginners will sure have a DECENT counterstrike force.... :mrgreen:

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 06:05:36 PM »
Quote from: "Breytac"
So I've got my jump capable Darwin class survey chip cruising around Alpha Centauri when all of a sudden I see a wreck on the screen and a lifepod. Whoever or whatever took out that ship didn't hang around and I didn't see any hostile ships with active search sensors running as I did when playing another campaign (I've restarted several times). Unfortunate;y the only ship I had in the system was a gatebuilding ship I had designed.

So now I'm in the process of researching and designing sensors, beam weapons and search sensors in the hope I can find whatever or whoever did this to my ship and maybe dish out some punishment, or gather intel to build a ship or two capable of dishing out some punishment. A geological survey of the system, completed before the survey ship was destroyed, also found a ruined outpost on one of the planets.

Somehow, I don't think it was a hostile ship as the gatebuilder wasn't been attacked. The survey ship was destroyed close to gravitational survey point 21. An unknown wreck is also located in this system.

To conclude: Damn cool,  I could be going to war! And it's only February 20th, 2066.
It's possible that hostiles took out one ship but didn't detect the other one.

Steve

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 05:53:36 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Quote from: "Breytac"

It's possible that hostiles took out one ship but didn't detect the other one.

Steve

:-D