Author Topic: Bug Reporting (Please read before posting bugs)  (Read 12287 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Bug Reporting (Please read before posting bugs)
« on: March 10, 2010, 01:02:17 PM »
Please post bugs in the official bugs thread for the version you are using. Posting separate threads for every bug often duplicates effort and I don't know which version is affected. They are also far less likely to be answered because I usually only answer new posts, or posts in the Bugs and Suggestions threads. Once I log out, I lose track of posts I haven't answered but I always look in on the Bugs and Suggestion threads.

Please read through (or Search) the bugs thread to make sure the bug has not already been reported and fixed, or reported and explained. 'Me too' posts for unresolved bugs are fine as it shows they are affecting more than one person. Any extra information you can provide in 'me too' posts is very welcome.

When you post, please post as much information as possible, including the complete error text, the window affected and what you were doing at the time. Also if the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off. If you can't remember the text of the error, check the Events window and click the Show Errors checkbox. If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 07:23:15 PM by Erik Luken »

Offline Deoxy

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • D
"assigned to Unknown Fleet"
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 08:35:18 PM »
I had a large military ship that I transferred to the Shipyard TG, waiting to be scrapped.   While I was waiting for a slip to open to scrap it, had a maintenance failure and exploded (it was very old).   Bummer.

The next ship that was built gave that error - "[whatever] built on [planet] was assigned to Unknown Fleet" - and the ship is GONE.   It's nowhere - not in the ship menu, nothing.

Well, it turns out that the Shipyard TG taskgroup is gone. . .  the ship that exploded was the only ship in there, so it was removed.

Well, I recreated the Shipyard TG and set it to the default taskgroup again, but the existing ships under construction now all have "No assignment" as their taskgroup, and each one gives errors and goes POOF when it's done.

I can give myself the ships back with SM, but I can't find a way to change the assigned group on stuff already in progress.   It should just act like hitting the "detach" button and create it's own TG.

Offline Shadow

• Commander
  • Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
Re: Bug Reporting (Please read before posting bugs)
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 08:52:18 PM »
Uhhh, this is not the bugs thread. :P

Offline Deoxy

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • D
Re: Bug Reporting (Please read before posting bugs)
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 03:07:53 PM »
Quote from: Shadow link=topic=1930. msg33365#msg33365 date=1302227538
Uhhh, this is not the bugs thread.  :P

Whoa - weird.   I sure THOUGHT I put it in the bugs thread. . .  in fact, I only found this because I couldn't find my post to see if anyone had responded to it.   Finally had to find all my posts in my profile to find it.

My apologies, I suppose, though I don't know how it ended up here.