Author Topic: of wrecks...  (Read 1653 times)

Offline Nibelung44 (OP)

• Commander
of wrecks...
« on: October 06, 2010, 12:55:48 AM »
Is it a bug or a wad that wrecks are seen from everywhere as soon as you enter a system? Seems not very realistic to me and too much of an indicator that something happened here.

Also, should they not deprecate after some years, at least for the non precursors one? I know it is not realistic perhaps, but on the other hand I guess that having wrecks stay eternally will in the end ruin the entire database with thousands of records, no?

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: of wrecks...
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 07:47:32 AM »
Is it a bug or a wad that wrecks are seen from everywhere as soon as you enter a system? Seems not very realistic to me and too much of an indicator that something happened here.

Also, should they not deprecate after some years, at least for the non precursors one? I know it is not realistic perhaps, but on the other hand I guess that having wrecks stay eternally will in the end ruin the entire database with thousands of records, no?
Wad.  There's a suggestion in the last week or two that you should need to detect them first before they stick around.

Please see my post in the "Error 94 in Fire All Weapons" thread on posting guidelines - a good rule is "anything that beings 'is it a bug if..." probably belongs in The Academy.

John