Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 209197 times)

Offline plasticpanzers

• Lt. Commander
  • p
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2015, 10:23:08 PM »
Appears in this 7.0 patched I am running the game does not see the difference between regular and underground
infrastructure.   I built up a number of underground to ship off and accidentally made 40 more regular and now
neither my nor civilan cargo ships can load them.   Picked up and delivered about 400 beforehand.    Difference does
not show up on planet screen no ship orders screen.  Just as 'infrastructure'.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2015, 11:17:27 PM »
Underground infrastructure isn't supposed to be movable, if it was that was a bug.
Underground infrastructure is literally dug right into the ground of the asteroid, it's meant to initially be made by construction brigades,  then as the population rises it will support factories to produce more.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2015, 11:59:05 PM »
Underground infrastructure isn't supposed to be movable, if it was that was a bug.
Underground infrastructure is literally dug right into the ground of the asteroid, it's meant to initially be made by construction brigades,  then as the population rises it will support factories to produce more.
I am confused currently about underground infrastructure. In my 7.1 test game I had a nice relatively large moon (1400m) on my home world, but with only 0.05g still, so my 0.9g race needed -45% adjustment to make that inhabitable. (lower limit became 0.0495)
My understanding so far was that the adjusted race should be able to live there with conventional infrastructure (or nothing after terraform), if just the gravity range matches. Well, but the new species still needed underground infrastructure after arriving there, making the whole adjustment thing a wasted investment...

On the other hand I can colonize an asteroid in the same system that is only 800m large, but dense enough to have 0.09g, meaning I can colonize it even with the standard race 0.09g lower limit. I am able to use standard infrastructure on this one.o_O

So what really determines which bodies need underground, and which don't? I thought it was gravity, so is this just a bug/feature dysfunction?
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline mtm84

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2015, 12:58:12 AM »
I am confused currently about underground infrastructure. In my 7.1 test game I had a nice relatively large moon (1400m) on my home world, but with only 0.05g still, so my 0.9g race needed -45% adjustment to make that inhabitable. (lower limit became 0.0495)
My understanding so far was that the adjusted race should be able to live there with conventional infrastructure (or nothing after terraform), if just the gravity range matches. Well, but the new species still needed underground infrastructure after arriving there, making the whole adjustment thing a wasted investment...

On the other hand I can colonize an asteroid in the same system that is only 800m large, but dense enough to have 0.09g, meaning I can colonize it even with the standard race 0.09g lower limit. I am able to use standard infrastructure on this one.o_O

So what really determines which bodies need underground, and which don't? I thought it was gravity, so is this just a bug/feature dysfunction?

Dumb question, but when you made that colony was the population the standard race or the new race?  I know I've made that mistake before.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2015, 02:07:51 AM »
You must misremember having made the mistake before, because whenever you land a new population, it creates a new colony just for that alternative species, so the mistake can not happen.
However, I tried again, just in case that previous colonies did somehow carry over the stats to the secondary. Nope, the criminal filth still 'rocks' the underground.

Documentary proof screen:
Off-Topic: show

Maybe it is just a bad rounding problem? Gravity range is pretty close, however the F9 window clearly shows Tau'Kor here as starting with 0.05 indeed, yet the moon does not show colony costs. The asteroid of 0.09 is exactly on the lower limit of normal Tau, and they get the display just fine, despite being even sharper on the edge of the possible range.

///Edit:
After Haji reported being able to colonize moons down to even 0.01g, I looked again closer. Well, nothing changed for me not being able to colonize the moon, but I noticed that a couple other moons around gas giants, who would normally have been outside of my range there, do in fact work. 0.09 would have been my normal limit, but with the new race I see colony costs for 0.08, 0.07, and then... even a 0.05!
...So there is a 0.05g moon that is colonizable for the new race, but the one right around my home planet -same conditions- is not?
How can that be? What is the deciding factor if not just gravity?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 06:44:34 AM by Vandermeer »
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline mtm84

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2015, 02:35:39 AM »
Oh, I'm not remembering wrong.  I mostly make colonies either by right clicking on a body on the system map, dropping off infrastructure on a body first, or from the F9 screen.  Very easy to mess up the colony population for engineered species that way.

Offline plasticpanzers

• Lt. Commander
  • p
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2015, 05:18:43 AM »
I am trying to figure out the chicken or the egg first here on infrastructure.  When you build either one they show up as the same. 
I could transport either but if i built both then suddenly neither is transportable.   How can you build underground infrastructure on
an asteoid without a colony on it to build it?

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2015, 05:31:37 AM »
You need Construction Brigades to build Undergroun Infarstructure. Transport them to the asteroid and they will work as construction factories.

After you build some infrastructure, you can transport colonists and normal factories to build more.

Offline plasticpanzers

• Lt. Commander
  • p
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2015, 07:26:53 PM »
The bug would be then that your industry can build it and you can build underground by accident on an industrial world
and it will shut down any further builds of any infrastructore there at all as your ships cannot tell the difference and will
not load any at all.   You cannot seem to scrap them either so they stay 'on the books' unused.   

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2015, 02:26:42 AM »
I'm a few years in:

Error in CycleOrders
Error 3421 was generated by DAO.Field
Data type conversion error

in an apparently-infinite loop. If I kill it and reload, I see an "Increment Placeholder" in the event log, and advancing time again causes the same problem. If instead I look through my task groups, I see that viewing my cargo task group takes much longer than the others, and its orders are a bit screwy. I had put them in a cycle moving some installations, then broke the cycle leaving them with just orders to return to Earth to refuel and resupply. Now their orders list is dozens of lines long, with many orders to refuel and resupply at Earth. Even after clearing all of these orders it still takes much longer to display for this TG than for the others. Advancing time works again, however. I kept a copy of the database if you want to look at it.

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2016, 02:18:22 AM »
Some minor bugs before I forget;

* Commanders window, Officer history doesn't update.
* Available colonies screen, in the window title the part about double clicking a row doesn't work.

In the "population and production" window:
* using Reduced height window, the "Teams / academy tab" is missing the stationed officers listbox that is normally seen.
* Industry allocation. Unused construction doesn't always update when playing with the project list\priorities. Also I encounter an overflow error here, but was unable to reproduce. (still lost all my progress into becoming into the TN age, lesson learned)

Offline Laiders

• Leading Rate
  • L
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2016, 01:55:25 PM »
Consistently getting two somewhat minor but annoying errors.  They occur at the end of every year so, when running on 30 day ticks, they occur when processing the 1st December - 1st January tick. 

The first error is an Error 76 - Path not found.  One or two of these occur.

The second more annoying error is an Error 424 - Object required error.  A whole string of these occur but they can, eventually, all be dismissed and play resumed. 

I had to use the unofficial 7. 10 complete installer in order to install the game at all as using the official installer and patching up created an unresolvable error with registering comctl32. ocx and . dll if that is relevant. 

Offline AL

• Captain
  • A
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2016, 03:23:52 PM »
@Laiders: That problem can be resolved by navigating to your Aurora directory and creating a new folder named "Logs".

Offline Cheet4h

• Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2016, 12:09:51 AM »
If "Reduced Height Windows" is turned on, the "Independence" button is not shown.

Just noticed this one while doing some troubleshooting on some other problem over on reddit.

Offline arctic_lights

• Leading Rate
  • a
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2016, 07:59:53 AM »
After I accidentally changed the type «Ship» to «PDC» in the Class design window, all built vessels of this type lost their engines and Engeneering Space.  As a result they stuck on the orbites of far away planets and failures maintence grows.