Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 209212 times)

Offline GreatTuna

• Lt. Commander
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2016, 08:38:07 AM »
Isn't this is how the design window supposed to work?
You shouldn't just change designs with existing ships on fly. If you can do this, you're already in SM mode and can just change class back and add engines back.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2016, 10:58:53 AM »
If "Reduced Height Windows" is turned on, the "Independence" button is not shown.

Just noticed this one while doing some troubleshooting on some other problem over on reddit.

Yes, reduced height is an issue. Mainly because I usually forget about it when adding new features.  At some point I need to review all the windows and fix the problems.

Offline linkxsc

• Commander
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2016, 05:10:50 PM »
So I've been working over the reddit thread today a bit. and I came across 2 people reporting bugs that I honestly have no clue about.

https://www.reddit.com/r/aurora/comments/3z6fkf/a_couple_of_questions_from_a_newbie/

This guy, had his own civilian shipping lines (and 2 of his own freighters) surrender to him... lord only knows why. I tried some things and I can't reproduce it.

On the other hand, these guys.

https://www.reddit.com/r/aurora/comments/3z6shv/weird_bug_with_text_boxes/

Are having issues with the
  • on many menus, causing all manner of problems, which I have also never encountered before.

Offline frite

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • f
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2016, 07:03:12 PM »
Quote from: AL link=topic=8144. msg84229#msg84229 date=1451683432
@Laiders: That problem can be resolved by navigating to your Aurora directory and creating a new folder named "Logs".
I'm having the same problem as Laiders.  I created the "Logs" folder as you said but the problem didn't go away :(.  maybe you could describe how to fix it in a little bit more detail?
here is some expansion on what is happening (just in case): starting on the second year and reoccurring every year i receive those two errors.  this happens regardless of starting year and automated assignments.  I also went through the time increments at automated and non-automated turns at all possible increments.  Thank you

Offline Ves

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • V
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2016, 07:23:47 PM »
I'm also getting Error 76/CreateGameLog, but when I went to create a new Logs folder, I discovered the game is already creating log files in C:\Logs, but they're all named things like "Y28,txt", when I assume it should be "Y28. txt"

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2016, 07:40:26 PM »
I'm also getting Error 76/CreateGameLog, but when I went to create a new Logs folder, I discovered the game is already creating log files in C:\Logs, but they're all named things like "Y28,txt", when I assume it should be "Y28. txt"

Do you have your decimal separator set to period? Not sure if that makes a difference in this case but worth checking.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2016, 09:00:06 PM »
Yes, reduced height is an issue. Mainly because I usually forget about it when adding new features.  At some point I need to review all the windows and fix the problems.
Would it help if someone summarized all the missing features? I can get an external monitor hooked up and file a proper 'bug report' also additionally there are a few windows that don't quite manage to squeeze into a vertical resolution of 768 which unfortunately seems to be what every cheaper laptop comes with these days.
90% of windows do fit that resolution however.
Of note is the system map which is cut off just below the highlight own colonies button. You loose the hyper limit button, the dropdown for the display distance circle on map, minimum display size, and the sensor disable button.
Class design is missing load time but fits the window.
Fighter squadrons cuts off just below the tops of the bottom buttons.
Battle control window cuts off just under "assign contacts as target" as well as other windows that go that low.
System information cuts off the bottom buttons.
Task groups cuts off the bottom buttons.
Intelligence cuts off whatever is below maximum deviation.
Create research project cuts off the show size in tons (cool new feature!) as well as the turret and missile button.
Event updates cuts off the bottom buttons.
Every other window fits this resolution fine. Theres a few other options that are missing when you use reduced height but I can't look for them at the moment.
I should point out that all those windows are usable using "resize enable" to squeeze the windows up slightly, often it takes a few attempts to get it as the window often gets scrambled. This is how I and many others have been playing for years.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 09:13:08 PM by MarcAFK »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2016, 02:08:46 AM »
Very minor bugs :-

In the Naval Officer and Ground Officer Histories , at the start of the game every officer is shown as being promoted to the lowest rank , even though their actual rank at the start could be much higher.

As an aside I started a new game in 7.1 , went to system view and was immediately hit with an error re missing msstdfmt.dll. Why this occurred I have no idea as previously I have accessed the system view with no errors. Could not resolve the problem at all until I re-installed Aurora using AcidWeb's 7.1 All in One launcher - Many thanks AcidWeb.

DavidR

Offline linkxsc

• Commander
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2016, 09:32:10 PM »
Minor text bug that I just noticed.

Sterngth instead of strength.

Kept scrolling though like.... something looks funny here.

Offline idefelipe

• Gold Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2016, 06:50:35 AM »
Hi there,

Maybe it is not a bug, but I see the Sector Map as follow:

Is there any problem with my configuration?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 07:38:39 AM by idefelipe »

Offline arctic_lights

• Leading Rate
  • a
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2016, 06:57:03 AM »
Quote from: GreatTuna link=topic=8144. msg84269#msg84269 date=1451745487
. . . If you can do this, you're already in SM mode and can just change class back and add engines back.

No, SM mode was off.

Offline arctic_lights

• Leading Rate
  • a
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2016, 07:13:45 AM »
Error 30010 in System Map (Error 9 in GetSysIDF.  .  .   -> No system found)

« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 07:18:56 AM by arctic_lights »

Offline CharonJr

• Lt. Commander
  • C
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2016, 01:24:51 PM »
Not even sure if it is a bug, but it is annoying for sure.

8 enemy ships are sitting at a jumpgate and as soon as I get in sensor range 6-7 of them keep jumping back and forth every 15sec which makes getting close to them very time consuming at least.

Offline roy7

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • r
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2016, 05:41:02 PM »
Whoops I posted to wrong thread, sorry.  Some minor things I noticed from Quill's video series so far or my own learning experience yesterday evening.   Version 7. 10.   

On the Game Details screen when making a game, the tooltip for Detection says "rake" instead of "take". 

The tooltip for Mass Driver Destination says "mind" instead of "mined". 

Under Task Groups, when showing Moons, Luna appears under Venus instead of Earth. 

Under Available Colony Analysis, Double clicking a row changes the sort, same as double clicking a header.   Top of screen says it will launch system view.   Perhaps it does both, currently I only have one system. 

Under Ship Design, the tooltip for Conscript says "consript" instead of "conscript".   

Under Ship Design, if you click Size In Tons without a ship class chosen, you get "Error 381, invalid property array index" and then "Error 3078" from the database once you click Okay.   The error popups continue with a few different errors.   Had to kill game from task manager. 

Under Ship Design, if you click Keep Excess Q without a ship class chosen, it shows you the message from the Obsolete checkbox instead ("Please create a class before trying to make it obsolete"). 

Under Ship Design, if you click Type and choose Ship without a ship class chosen, it lets you know to click New first in a popup.   After closing the popup, an Error 91 "Object variable or With block variable not set" appears. 

Under Ship Design, the tooltip for Show Obsolete Tech has the same message as the Own Tech Only popup. 

Under Population and Production, the tooltips for Design / Turrets / Missiles are all the same.   That might be intentional. 

Under Research, should Energy Weapons -> Spinal Mount be available with no prerequisite?

Under Research -> Energy Weapons, the descriptions for Particle Beam Range 60km and Particle Beam Strength 2 describe torpedo weapons.   I realize this might mean some sort of energy/plasma torpedo, it's just odd that the technology itself says "Beam". 

Under Research -> Energy Weapons (Completed), the description for Standard Laser Size and Recharge Rate discusses missile launchers instead.   This is the same description provided under Missiles -> Standard Size and Reload Rate. 

Offline idefelipe

• Gold Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2016, 06:21:52 PM »
Hi again,

I need help with a bug.  When I go to Galactic Map, all the systems are joined in just one or two points.  I mean, there are not lines and the system map doesnt exist because all discovered systems are together.

I am using a 1920 x 1080 screen and W7.  I have tried to use the Reduced heigh windows but it doesn't fix the problem.  Here you can see the image:

Link: i. imgur. com/3X2aY8h. png

How can I solve this?