Author Topic: Sensor Contact Strength  (Read 1507 times)

Offline IanD (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
Sensor Contact Strength
« on: July 13, 2012, 10:44:30 AM »
When you get sensor contact strength for a shipyard, how does that relate to tonnage? E.g. a shipyard contact strength of 1600 is how many tons?

Normally I can see tonnage on the system display, but the shipyard is stuck under the sub-pulse length buttons thus invisible to me no matter how I try and adjust the display.

Thanks in anticipation.

IanD
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 10:52:33 AM by IanD »
IanD

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
Re: Sensor Contact Strength
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 01:25:52 PM »
Thats an 80,000 ton yard, which is the total tonnage of all slipways. sensor strength is done in hull sizes which are 50 tons for 1 HS(I Think).

Offline Bgreman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 12:45:53 AM »
My system view display of shipyard contacts is pretty spotty.  My Federation active sensor shows the UN to have a single shipyard complex of "2350 tons."  The UN actually has a total shipbuilding capability of 41450 tons across its three yards.

Offline IanD (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 03:58:55 AM »
Thats an 80,000 ton yard, which is the total tonnage of all slipways. sensor strength is done in hull sizes which are 50 tons for 1 HS(I Think).
Many thanks!

My system view display of shipyard contacts is pretty spotty.  My Federation active sensor shows the UN to have a single shipyard complex of "2350 tons."  The UN actually has a total shipbuilding capability of 41450 tons across its three yards.
I guess Steve doesn't want us to know everything accurately, takes half the fun out if you do.  ;D  When I look at the size of the yards and the fleet that’s just emerged from that system I fear it is a gross under estimate. That particular race has lost some where in the region of three hundred vessels already!
IanD