Author Topic: Seniority Ratings for GUs  (Read 1302 times)

Offline welchbloke (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Seniority Ratings for GUs
« on: January 25, 2009, 08:59:39 AM »
What are the seniority ratings for the different GUs?  Also, is it possible to change the seniority required to command GUs?  I'd like to use up my spare commanders rather than lose captains and above.
Welchbloke

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Seniority Ratings for GUs
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 09:53:51 AM »
Quote from: "welchbloke"
What are the seniority ratings for the different GUs?  Also, is it possible to change the seniority required to command GUs?  I'd like to use up my spare commanders rather than lose captains and above.

HQs are Rank 3
Assault Infantry and Heavy Assault are Rank 2
Everything else is Rank 1

I am not aware of a way to change the requirements, but if you want, you can deselect "realistic commander promotions" on the game select screen and put anyone you want anywhere you want, and then activate it again, if you want aurora to promote your officers as it normally does. You have to deselect it again, if you want to put new officers with too low a rank in, but all that are asigned will stay asigned.

Actually, I think the ranks are a little low, if we assume a unit is a division (a division of grav armor (heavy assault) commanded by a Captain/Fregattenkapitaen? I don´t think so!) divisions are usually commanded by a majorgeneral (probably a rear admiral in naval terms).
But I am quite happy as it is, because I have a use for some of those rank 1 guys
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline welchbloke (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Re: Seniority Ratings for GUs
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 04:47:35 PM »
Thanks Ralph,
I've mentioned that I don't think the ranks are equitable between the GU and the naval ranks before; I'm not going to get bothered about it though as there far too many other aspects of Aurora to learn and enjoy  :)
Welchbloke