Author Topic: How to research alien tech  (Read 1199 times)

Offline ccasper (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • c
How to research alien tech
« on: May 03, 2010, 05:48:54 AM »
Hi i've been playing Aurora for about a month and i'm loving every hour of it   :mrgreen: so my engineers excavated some compressed fuel tanks i went to research them but i could'nt find the research program i know it should be under logistics/ground combat.. so i wen't and dissassebled the components and i got the event's for the gained research points but still nothing. I think it's a bug because i exavated some EMC's too and still no research points. also i noticed that if you queue a research in advance and you gain that tech from the ruins it remains in the queue and get's researched again. another thing is that the tractor beams aren working, but that has allready been reported in the bug thread for 5.1

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
Re: How to research alien tech
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 12:40:36 PM »
When you dissasemble the components you currently get some rp towards that tech.  The problem here is actually probably two problems.  One problem is that the compressed fuel tanks are not reasearchable so they will never show up to be researched.  The second problem is that the points gained only apply to reasearch done on the planet where they were dissasembled.  This means that you will want to move all the components to earth probably so that the partial gains will help with future reasearch in the field.

The first problem with the tech not showing is probably a bug coming from the recent change to how the dissasembly process works.  In prior version (5.10 or below) there was a small chance that you would get the entire tech each time you dissasembled a component ( 1 in 40).  Now you get about the equivilent in rp towards that tech.  With the change it makes a difference for the advanced tech being discovered.  You will have to dissasemble enough components to give you all the rp you need for that first tech.  In the case of the compressed fuel tanks there has not been any further tech beyond it, so you just need to dissasemble enough to get the tech.  (35-50 components on average.)

brian

Offline ccasper (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • c
Re: How to research alien tech
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 02:18:59 PM »
oh ok thanks so i just have to find some more. i assumed that once you dissassebled a compressed tank i could research it. I got some tech for advanced laser and it works fine