Author Topic: Not sure if its meant to be like that.  (Read 1034 times)

Offline jocan2003 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • j
Not sure if its meant to be like that.
« on: May 13, 2010, 03:46:41 PM »
When you fire a missile or anything with a second stage and the target is INSIDE the release range it doesnt release the payload...

I.E.: I have a stinguer size 2 missile with 70mil range, and i wanted to breach the 100mil so i made a size 5 missile carrying 2 stinguer just to boost the range a little bit over 100mil and made the release range as far as the rocket allowed to go wich is about 25mil KM, the problem is if the ennemy is well inside the 25mil like at 10mil the second stage dont release and the missile simply head to the target even if he have a 0 warhead...

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Not sure if its meant to be like that.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 01:06:17 AM »
Quote from: "jocan2003"
When you fire a missile or anything with a second stage and the target is INSIDE the release range it doesnt release the payload...

I.E.: I have a stinguer size 2 missile with 70mil range, and i wanted to breach the 100mil so i made a size 5 missile carrying 2 stinguer just to boost the range a little bit over 100mil and made the release range as far as the rocket allowed to go wich is about 25mil KM, the problem is if the ennemy is well inside the 25mil like at 10mil the second stage dont release and the missile simply head to the target even if he have a 0 warhead...

That is not my experience in previous versions.  What I saw happen is that 1 timestep (5s) after the carrier launches, it releases its submunitions if they're in range.

John