Author Topic: New Questions  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Zed 6 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
New Questions
« on: May 19, 2010, 07:38:01 AM »
I think I'll start and keep just one thread for my questions.  Enjoying the Game.

Regarding Teams- When a Team member dies, Is there a way to replace him/her without disbanding and recreating the team?  If a member is replaced, then does the survey/xeno start all over from scratch?

When a ship commander dies, the Events log tells you what ship it was and a new replacement is assigned.  When a Team member or unassigned officer dies; that's it:  "Commander John Smith has been killed in an accident"  Well, was it a team member or not? - Now search thru every team to find out.  Maybe there is an easier way?

Regarding Column sorting- Ctrl-F7 Technology Report & Ctrl-A  Available Colony Analysis- Double clicking on a column allows sorting in a variety of ways. Being able to do the same on F2 Population and Production - Research ,Industry, Manage Shipyards and Ctrl-F4 Task Force Organization especially and probably others tables would be nice to have.  Also on F2- Basic Pop List checkbox (Upper Left). This would be nice to be left in the state it was put in, so when the window is reopened it remembered it's state, instead of defaulting to unchecked.

Any of these ideas worthwhile to put in the suggestion thread?  Sometimes little changes make a big difference.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: New Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 10:05:01 AM »
Quote from: "Zed 6"
I think I'll start and keep just one thread for my questions.  Enjoying the Game.

Regarding Teams- When a Team member dies, Is there a way to replace him/her without disbanding and recreating the team?  If a member is replaced, then does the survey/xeno start all over from scratch?

When a ship commander dies, the Events log tells you what ship it was and a new replacement is assigned.  When a Team member or unassigned officer dies; that's it:  "Commander John Smith has been killed in an accident"  Well, was it a team member or not? - Now search thru every team to find out.  Maybe there is an easier way?

Regarding Column sorting- Ctrl-F7 Technology Report & Ctrl-A  Available Colony Analysis- Double clicking on a column allows sorting in a variety of ways. Being able to do the same on F2 Population and Production - Research ,Industry, Manage Shipyards and Ctrl-F4 Task Force Organization especially and probably others tables would be nice to have.  Also on F2- Basic Pop List checkbox (Upper Left). This would be nice to be left in the state it was put in, so when the window is reopened it remembered it's state, instead of defaulting to unchecked.

Any of these ideas worthwhile to put in the suggestion thread?  Sometimes little changes make a big difference.

Open the Leaders Screen (F4), select "Teams" in the center drop-down, if there is any team with a missing member, it will show up.
But yes, a notification in the event log would be nice.

I´d realy like to be able to sort the research projects by number of labs, so the "scientist-learning-with-a-single-lab" projects could be way down, while the important ones would be in the top rows and allways visible.
Shipyards are currently sorted by size and production by allocated industrie. Both makes sense to me, but the ability to sort differently, sure wouldn´t hurt. If it´s worth the effort, I don´t know, but I would assume it wouldn´t take a lot to allow sorting of those.

I
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Zed 6 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 07:43:01 PM »
Thanks for the answer. Using F4 Leaders and sorting by Teams did work to find out which team had a missing member. However I just had a Team member die of natural causes and it stated which Geology team it was from, but did not show up in the F4 Window. I'll keep a log of occurences.

Offline Zed 6 (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 06:21:19 PM »
Regarding Sorium Harvesters

I found a Gas Giant planet outside of Sol with 280,000,000 sorium.  I built a fleet of fuel harvesters and sent them there. I put a small automated mining colony on a nearby planet with no pop to be a fuel base for the harvesters to dump their fuel load when full and to do some mining (it has a lot of minerals).  I set only a conditional order of Condition: Fuel tanks full   Orders: Unload Fuel at Colony and Move to Sorium Gas Giant.  The system is a Trinary with Star systems A and B both surveyed. C has not been surveyed as it is just too far out at the moment for my ships ( mean distance 6000 on the system generation screen. Just what does that distance mean?  AU's?) There are only 2 gas Giants that have sorium, both in B and I have my harvester fleet at one of them.

The fleet does fill up with fuel. At 100% full -Event:  Conditional Order "Fuel Harvester Group has been given conditional orders to unload 90% fuel at Not Found and move to a gas giant with Sorium"  It does move to my colony and drop off the fuel. Next Event: Orders Completed: "Fuel harvester Group has completed orders" but it has never moved back to the gas giant. I have to move it back manually. I waited for several turns to see if the fleet would move.

Am I missing some orders?  Or is it confused on which gas giant to go to? And why does it list the colony as Not Found yet goes there to dump the fuel?