Author Topic: Question  (Read 1060 times)

Offline ccasper (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • c
Question
« on: May 20, 2010, 11:13:11 AM »
Is there a way to send a fleet to another system that is more than one jump away or do i always have to manualy go trough the right jump points to get to the right destination.. Also is there a return to earth order. that would work like the automated refuel order. I spend a lot of time managing travel that should be simplified

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 12:12:22 PM »
1) As long as you've already explored the jump point, the task group's available destiantions should update to those that are validly available in each system.

2) There is no generic "return home" task group command.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 03:27:41 PM »
Quote from: "ccasper"
Is there a way to send a fleet to another system that is more than one jump away or do i always have to manualy go trough the right jump points to get to the right destination.. Also is there a return to earth order. that would work like the automated refuel order. I spend a lot of time managing travel that should be simplified
I don't have the program in front of me so I can't remember the exact name but there is a checkbox on the F12 fleet window that brings up a list of all populations within 4 jumps as destinations. If you select one as the destination for an order, such as Move To or Refuel At, the program should fill in all the intervening jump orders automatically.

Steve

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 03:51:54 PM »
Forgot about that one.  It's "Show All Pops"
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline ccasper (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • c
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 04:10:22 AM »
thanks that works briliantly. But why only within 4 jump points? Does it use too much cpu? And it's not even that much of a problem, i could just make another colony some where in between and  double the range :D