Author Topic: Ship Maintenance upkeep cost  (Read 1482 times)

Offline snapto (OP)

• Bronze Supporter
  • Petty Officer
  • s
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Ship Maintenance upkeep cost
« on: April 26, 2020, 10:30:44 AM »
I've looked everywhere I can think of but I don't see the MSP upkeep cost for ships. It would be nice to see at a glance how much yearly MSP I'll need at a location/station for ship upkeep. I see the Fleet tab has a Fleet Cost value and as I understand it, MSP upkeep is just cost/4, so I can do that math, but it would still be nice to see it listed in these places: Fleet tab, Ship Overview->Ship Design Display tab, and the Logistics Report tab.

Offline Pedroig

• Lt. Commander
  • P
Re: Ship Maintenance upkeep cost
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 11:24:06 AM »
IIRC at a station/keeping station over a colony with MSP = 25% build cost per annum.  Deployed is based upon AFR/IFR and the components that end up breaking...
si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 08:03:51 PM »
I wrote an explanation of the rules here the other day: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11055.0

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 01:37:11 AM »
Hey... the question was not how it works but being able to see how much MSP ships use at a glance like we could in VB6. In VB6 you could see an expected yearly cost of ships docked at a maintenance facility, how many minerals they would use.

There are no longer such a feature in C# so perhaps it should be suggested that something similar be shown even in C#. You might want to know how many MSP ships docked at a specific site are drawing every year if they remain on station the whole year as well as also showing the current MSP production at the same facility and the current stock... all at the same place.

The summary page probably could include a yearly estimated draw of MSP as it already show the MSP in stock, just add a Estimated yearly draw and production to it.

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 01:47:07 AM »
Hey... the question was not how it works but being able to see how much MSP ships use at a glance like we could in VB6. In VB6 you could see an expected yearly cost of ships docked at a maintenance facility, how many minerals they would use.

There are no longer such a feature in C# so perhaps it should be suggested that something similar be shown even in C#. You might want to know how many MSP ships docked at a specific site are drawing every year if they remain on station the whole year as well as also showing the current MSP production at the same facility and the current stock... all at the same place.

The summary page probably could include a yearly estimated draw of MSP as it already show the MSP in stock, just add a Estimated yearly draw and production to it.

For the single ship, BP/4 is easy enough. But for a fleet, I agree, having a summary would be nice.