Author Topic: Refuel and resupply conditional order  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Norm49 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • N
Refuel and resupply conditional order
« on: May 12, 2020, 01:00:47 PM »
Now in the conditional order i and only set on action like refuel or resupply, we should be able to do both.  If my ship resupply and have only 60% why wait until it get to 30% or what ever the other conditional order is set to and come back? The ship is already there it should be able to do both action at the same time.

Offline unkfester

• Silver Supporter
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Discord Username: unkfester
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: Refuel and resupply conditional order
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 02:02:28 PM »
Now in the conditional order I and only set on action like refuel or resupply, we should be able to do both.  If my ship resupply and have only 60% why wait until it get to 30% or what ever the other conditional order is set to and come back? The ship is already there it should be able to do both action at the same time.

can someone explain meaning and actions of refuelling. I am still having problem refuelling fleets that are empty of fuel.  I am trying to refuel an empty fleet with one tanker, I order it to join and refuel. which do I check on (Ship design Display)  "no Auto Refuel" , "Refuel own fleet" , "Refuel own sub fleet", "refuel own  fleet tankers" And Why which would help me clarify.  I have tried variations of all these, but I always have to detach tanker then get fleet ship to refill from stationary tanker. which is very long winded. I am confused with how these orders are worded. because if I join fleet,  the tanker is part of a fleet, so how can it refuel its own fleet,  tankers and sub fleet  regards 

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
Re: Refuel and resupply conditional order
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 08:13:52 PM »
Now in the conditional order I and only set on action like refuel or resupply, we should be able to do both.  If my ship resupply and have only 60% why wait until it get to 30% or what ever the other conditional order is set to and come back? The ship is already there it should be able to do both action at the same time.

can someone explain meaning and actions of refuelling. I am still having problem refuelling fleets that are empty of fuel.  I am trying to refuel an empty fleet with one tanker, I order it to join and refuel. which do I check on (Ship design Display)  "no Auto Refuel" , "Refuel own fleet" , "Refuel own sub fleet", "refuel own  fleet tankers" And Why which would help me clarify.  I have tried variations of all these, but I always have to detach tanker then get fleet ship to refill from stationary tanker. which is very long winded. I am confused with how these orders are worded. because if I join fleet,  the tanker is part of a fleet, so how can it refuel its own fleet,  tankers and sub fleet  regards
'Refuel own *' orders are to allow refuelling while moving (with the appropriate tech), so a tanker can be included in a task force to extend the range.  This replaces the old 'balance fuel' order.

The simplest method right now to rescue a stranded ship is to order the tanker to move to that location, wait for it to arrive, and then order the stranded fleet to 'refuel from stationary tanker'.  Changing fleet structure isn't necessary.

The lack of a 'refuel stationary fleet' order is on the wish list.

The following users thanked this post: unkfester