Author Topic: Corporate Federation - Comments  (Read 24827 times)

Offline TCD

• Lt. Commander
  • T
Re: Corporate Federation - Comments
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2019, 11:15:49 AM »
Wow, 34 refinery ships and eight slipways, guess that explains it! Its amazing what a difference having decent Sorium on one of the Sol gas giants makes to gameplay.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #106 on: January 11, 2019, 04:42:17 PM »
I am looking forward to the eventual assault into Austin! Fingers crossed for a major battle at the JP.

Offline Karlito

• Chief Petty Officer
  • K
« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2019, 12:14:33 PM »
Hmm, are there two BC Mars? A command version with the home fleet, and the original one with the First Fleet?

Offline Kurt (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2019, 02:13:16 PM »
Hmm, are there two BC Mars? A command version with the home fleet, and the original one with the First Fleet?

Good catch.  It's fixed now, the Mars in the Home Fleet should have been the Venus. 

Thanks!

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2019, 12:37:55 PM »
Latest update, when you're talking about planetary diameter, you wrote:
The planet has a diameter of 4,800 thousand kilometers
and
The planet has a diameter of 15,000 thousand kilometers
Maybe it's because I'm not a native speaker, but that seems very wrong to me. Do you mean that they are 4 million 800 thousand km and 15 million km by diameter? Or you accidentally used both numbers and words, ie the planets are 4,800 km and 15,000 km?

Offline Kurt (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2019, 03:05:10 PM »
Latest update, when you're talking about planetary diameter, you wrote:
The planet has a diameter of 4,800 thousand kilometers
and
The planet has a diameter of 15,000 thousand kilometers
Maybe it's because I'm not a native speaker, but that seems very wrong to me. Do you mean that they are 4 million 800 thousand km and 15 million km by diameter? Or you accidentally used both numbers and words, ie the planets are 4,800 km and 15,000 km?
Um...oops?  Those would be really big planets, and I guess its good I have a non-native speaker to double check my writing <G>.

I'll fix it right away.  Hopefully without adding any new errors, which sometimes seems to be how my life works. 

Kurt

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2019, 01:46:06 PM »
Man, I'm not sure if I would sign-up for that colony in the Houston system. On one hand, escape from the radiation on Earth, yay! On the other, a real risk of Dregluk missiles screaming from the sky.

Offline Kurt (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2019, 02:15:16 PM »
Man, I'm not sure if I would sign-up for that colony in the Houston system. On one hand, escape from the radiation on Earth, yay! On the other, a real risk of Dregluk missiles screaming from the sky.

<G> Houston is currently the system with the largest concentration of Republican warships in the game.   If something happens to that, well, then, everyone needs to worry.  Of course, a lot is going to happen over the next game-year.  Hint!

Offline Kurt (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2019, 02:27:59 PM »
I think Aurora is deviously engaging in meta-gaming activities to drive me insane to assist the Dregluk in their struggle against the Republic!

This is the situation (hypothetically):
I have a force of Republican ships sitting off of a Dregluk population (never mind which one, right now <G>).  They are waiting for another force to join them, ETA approximately 4 days.  It is taking forever to advance the time enough for the new force to join the party, and I just assumed it was Aurora being Aurora.  When I actually started paying attention to why I was getting so many interrupts, I noticed a pattern.  A single Dregluk freighter was repeatedly entering and leaving thermal contact range.  I changed the settings on the system map and checked, and sure enough that little bugger is sitting right on the line which marks the range at which my fleet can detect a target with a thermal signature of 1000.  It is just sitting there, moving back and forth across the line, repeatedly, and has been doing so for the last 32 hours, every seven and a half hours.  All of the other freighters fled, and are still moving away.  All except this one, which is sitting right where it can cause an interrupt.  Now, either the Dregluk have gained more sentience in real life than they have ever evidenced in my game, or Aurora itself is screwing with me, because there is no earthly reason for that ship to sit there, in that spot, moving back and forth. 

I'm tempted to send a couple of HuK's to kill it, but I suspect it is within AMM range of the planet and that will result in the HuK's being swarmed by AMM's.  I'm fairly certain I can defeat the Dregluk, eventually, but I don't think I can defeat a self-aware Aurora.  Steve, what have you done?

Kurt

The following users thanked this post: Troy Cash

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2019, 03:23:36 AM »
And he is programming an even better AI for Skyn... C# Aurora  ;D

Offline Kurt (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2019, 12:32:32 PM »
I think Aurora is deviously engaging in meta-gaming activities to drive me insane to assist the Dregluk in their struggle against the Republic!

This is the situation (hypothetically):
I have a force of Republican ships sitting off of a Dregluk population (never mind which one, right now <G>).  They are waiting for another force to join them, ETA approximately 4 days.  It is taking forever to advance the time enough for the new force to join the party, and I just assumed it was Aurora being Aurora.  When I actually started paying attention to why I was getting so many interrupts, I noticed a pattern.  A single Dregluk freighter was repeatedly entering and leaving thermal contact range.  I changed the settings on the system map and checked, and sure enough that little bugger is sitting right on the line which marks the range at which my fleet can detect a target with a thermal signature of 1000.  It is just sitting there, moving back and forth across the line, repeatedly, and has been doing so for the last 32 hours, every seven and a half hours.  All of the other freighters fled, and are still moving away.  All except this one, which is sitting right where it can cause an interrupt.  Now, either the Dregluk have gained more sentience in real life than they have ever evidenced in my game, or Aurora itself is screwing with me, because there is no earthly reason for that ship to sit there, in that spot, moving back and forth. 

I'm tempted to send a couple of HuK's to kill it, but I suspect it is within AMM range of the planet and that will result in the HuK's being swarmed by AMM's.  I'm fairly certain I can defeat the Dregluk, eventually, but I don't think I can defeat a self-aware Aurora.  Steve, what have you done?

Kurt

Aurora continues to outwit me.  I went into designer mode and changed the freighter's orders, sending towards the outer system and away from the impending battle.  All was well for a short period of time, but then Aurora sent a second freighter to replace the first, hovering at that same position, moving back and forth across the detection line, causing interrupts.  I what its doing here, and I will not submit!  Humans will not submit to machines!

Offline King-Salomon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #116 on: January 18, 2019, 12:44:25 PM »
maybe a diplomat that is sending "we are surrendering" nonstop?  ;D

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2019, 03:21:08 PM »
That reminds me of the ghost North-Korean PDC in one of my earliest games back in 5.x that caused endless amounts of interrupts - despite me using SM to delete it. For some reason, it just remained there on Earth and made the game basically unplayable because every 5 seconds it would cause a NEW HOSTILE CONTACT IN SOL interrupt.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2019, 12:09:18 PM »
Ah, the classic impenetrable wall of fire PD of NPRs returns! This will be fun  :P

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #119 on: February 01, 2019, 03:08:37 PM »
Yeah that's rough, I guess you are probably gonna have to take your licks from any AMM those stations have.

Does the Federation have any plans to invest in energy weapons tactics? It doesn't seem like this use of missiles is long term sustainable.