Author Topic: Aurora II  (Read 158258 times)

Offline Antagonist

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
Re: Aurora II
« Reply #195 on: August 07, 2012, 02:12:33 PM »
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,5176.0.html

Bam. Take all talk on the Pulsar 4X topic here please.

Offline BritoO

• Petty Officer
  • B
« Reply #196 on: January 27, 2013, 12:20:07 PM »
It has been quite some time since anyone posted somthing here :-[, however i would like to make a quick question

Is there/Will there be any further development in the game?

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #197 on: January 27, 2013, 02:20:51 PM »
It has been quite some time since anyone posted somthing here :-[, however i would like to make a quick question

Is there/Will there be any further development in the game?

All development is on standard Aurora for now, although I will get back to this at some point. Unfortunately I have a day job with long hours at the moment so there isn't a lot of time for development.

Steve

Offline Execrated1

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #198 on: January 27, 2013, 02:58:16 PM »
Day jobs: the bane of all thinking men.

Offline BritoO

• Petty Officer
  • B
« Reply #199 on: January 28, 2013, 06:18:36 PM »
Wrong
Day Job: The bane of everything

Sad to hear there is no current progress in Aurora II, but good to hear that its going well with regular aurora

B.

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #200 on: May 30, 2013, 10:44:22 AM »
Wrong
Day Job: The bane of everything

Sad to hear there is no current progress in Aurora II, but good to hear that its going well with regular aurora

B.

WRONG!!

The Day Job (if has,had,have anyone) ARE the DREAM, actually.

U r all crazy or probable r too RICH for consider those LUCKY...

Offline AndonSage

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #201 on: July 01, 2013, 06:54:22 PM »
With Iceberg Interactive partnering up with indie space strategy game developers, to publish the games, maybe Steve could talk to them, then his day job would be developing Aurora 2  ;D
"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once." - Robert A. Heinlein
"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!" - Pericles (430 B.C.)
"A government big enough to give you everyt

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #202 on: July 02, 2013, 03:59:22 AM »
All development is on standard Aurora for now, although I will get back to this at some point. Unfortunately I have a day job with long hours at the moment so there isn't a lot of time for development.

Steve
If you ever want to change that now is the perfect time. Plenty of successful space-game hype on Kickstarter/Steam. Just let us know and we would pledge $ as well as spread the word to other communities!

If Aurora had a more friendly user interface and basic graphics (look at Paradox Interactive games), I'm convinced it could have a huge fanbase.

If not I would suggest you develop Aurora II on a platform that is mod friendly and allows fans to create custom interface/graphics layers that just jacks into your database and calculation magic.

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #203 on: July 02, 2013, 01:06:53 PM »
If you ever want to change that now is the perfect time. Plenty of successful space-game hype on Kickstarter/Steam. Just let us know and we would pledge $ as well as spread the word to other communities!

If Aurora had a more friendly user interface and basic graphics (look at Paradox Interactive games), I'm convinced it could have a huge fanbase.

If not I would suggest you develop Aurora II on a platform that is mod friendly and allows fans to create custom interface/graphics layers that just jacks into your database and calculation magic.

Kickstarter would be the way to go if I wanted to do this. However, I have a good job that I really enjoy with a great company that looks after its staff, so that would be difficult to give up. Besides, Aurora is a hobby for me and I don't want it to become a job. I know that might sound strange but I have had three previous hobbies that became jobs and then they weren't as much fun.

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #204 on: July 13, 2013, 01:40:20 PM »
Kickstarter would be the way to go if I wanted to do this. However, I have a good job that I really enjoy with a great company that looks after its staff, so that would be difficult to give up. Besides, Aurora is a hobby for me and I don't want it to become a job. I know that might sound strange but I have had three previous hobbies that became jobs and then they weren't as much fun.

:)

Offline Hydrofoil

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #205 on: December 28, 2013, 01:32:36 PM »
Hi Im new here and have been playing Aurora for a few months now and absolutely love it ive read the OP i was just wondering what the status of this is currently?

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #206 on: December 29, 2013, 06:44:35 AM »
Hi Im new here and have been playing Aurora for a few months now and absolutely love it ive read the OP i was just wondering what the status of this is currently?

Hibernation at the moment :). I've a lot less free time at the moment and I would probably go back to Newtonian Aurora first.

Offline Hydrofoil

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #207 on: December 30, 2013, 05:18:49 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=3011. msg68091#msg68091 date=1388321075
Hibernation at the moment :).  I've a lot less free time at the moment and I would probably go back to Newtonian Aurora first. 

I Can understand that.  Im interested as to what language you might be doing II in?

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #208 on: December 30, 2013, 07:28:37 AM »
I Can understand that.  Im interested as to what language you might be doing II in?

It's in C#

Steve

Offline Hydrofoil

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #209 on: December 30, 2013, 07:36:07 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=3011. msg68115#msg68115 date=1388410117
It's in C#

Steve

Awesome Im more of a Java Guy myself but that's what ive been taught so there we go lol Should be able to multi thread nicely though The Slow down is my biggest issue in Aurora I (could you look at possibly improving that in the patches to come for Aurora I :))