Author Topic: Re-introduce the ability to change Government type in Aurora 4x C#  (Read 1622 times)

Offline LdtSten (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • L
Hello,

I have recently reported in the bug section the disappearance of the possibility to change our government type.  The conversation showed us that a lot of us were interested by the Role Play aspect of it and not the actual benefits of changing our government.

The main element that attracts us to games like Caves of Qud, Dwarf Fortress and Aurora 4x is the possibility to immerse ourselves in the game, to create a scenario we like and that we feel invested in.  Since this feature has been removed, there will be no Galactic Empire vs a Rebel Alliance because when we will play as the Rebel Alliance and even if we rename the faction as "Rebels"/"Rebel Alliance", the population will be described as an "Imperial" population on the summary. . .  yikes. . .  Same with the New Republic/CIS/Borgs/anything else than an empire really.

Maybe it would be interesting to either bring the feature back, give us the possibility to write clearly how we should describe our population or bring it back and improve on it and make it something more important, like having a space kingdom with NPC/player controlled "vassals" (Dukes, Barons, and so on. . . ).  These are suggestions of course.

I made a poll to help visualize who's for/who's against : https://strawpoll. com/g4bf7ksfy

So please look into it, thank you.

The following users thanked this post: Cinnius

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: Re-introduce the ability to change Government type in Aurora 4x C#
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 04:25:40 PM »
This sounds like a good idea, maybe in the race creation screen for instance add another text box for the short form of government, e. g.  "Republic of Terra" has "Republican" populations of "Terran" citizens.
I'd like to also see the ability to rename the civilian admin ranks.  It's a bit less than immersive that I can have the Grand High Admiral of the Republic and the Supreme Planetary Marshall of the Galactic Army, and then I've got "Admin Rating 10" meekly filing paperwork in the office next door.

Offline LdtSten (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • L
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 05:39:49 AM »
https://strawpoll. com/g4bf7ksfy/r

At the time of writing this post, out of 5 votes, 4 were "yes".

Offline LdtSten (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • L
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 10:23:54 AM »
UP

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 02:07:16 PM »
https://strawpoll. com/g4bf7ksfy/r

At the time of writing this post, out of 5 votes, 4 were "yes".

You'd probably get a better response with a poll here.

The following users thanked this post: Viridia