Author Topic: What the HECK is he doing?  (Read 1173 times)

Offline Starkiller (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • S
What the HECK is he doing?
« on: July 08, 2010, 08:29:53 PM »
Heh. With first Imperial sitting on the warp point to the wormhole system, and a picket destroyer on the other side, I figured it was safe to send the survey fleets back out again. Four transits from 61 Cygni (1st Imperial location), Survey Gamma encounters aliens. Ships are split from 1st Imperial Fleet to form 2nd Imperial Fleet and rushed to Gamma's location in Altair. After dancing with the aliens, with both sides activating shields and sensors, nobody seemed interest in starting anything. Started Communication attempts, though no luck yet, and sent Gamma out to continue survey ops, and 2nd Imperial to sit on the warp point to watch the aliens.

Now the odd part happens. I believe there was a battle here, though I see only one wreck, it definitely belongs to the aliens I encountered. There are 4 6000 ton vessels, 44 800 ton vessels, and a BIG 60000 ton SOB. The big one is in orbit around Altair IV. The log report, after I hit '1 day', says 'The alien ship glows with radiation, radiation on the planet increases to 190". He's done this three times, so far, and radiation on Altair IV is up to 240. Anybody know just WHAT he's doing?

Eric

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
Re: What the HECK is he doing?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 09:30:44 PM »
Don't read if you would rather find out for yourself!

[spoiler:3cuu970d]Star Swarm Queen is bombarding a planet with some kind of population on it. You should go have a look, maybe be the Hero of the hour for whatever NPR it is :)[/spoiler:3cuu970d]

Offline Starkiller (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • S
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 10:59:59 PM »
[spoiler:puv7ak6s]Ah! Starswarm! I had wondered. The swarm finally attacked 2nd Fleet at the warp point. They didn't have much luck, but they must have meson weapons as they came into knife range, and the two hits they DID get went right through my armour and shields and destroyed an engine on one of my missle BCs. The beauty of it is, they were well within range of my 10cm quads, and we ripped them to pieces. :)[/spoiler:puv7ak6s]

Eric
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 11:49:03 PM by Starkiller »

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 11:37:22 PM »
You might want to spoiler your response since this thread is in the academy, wouldn't want to ruin the surprise for newer players!

Have fun at the planet .... ;)