Author Topic: Missile/Buoy/Mine Deletion Question  (Read 1672 times)

Offline Duzzit (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • D
Missile/Buoy/Mine Deletion Question
« on: July 10, 2013, 09:39:10 AM »
So, I'm busy experimenting with mines, sensor buoys and the like, and I'm curious if there is actually any way to delete the ones floating in space? Also, How do I launch the sensor buoys and the like without setting a WP, and launching towards that?

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
Re: Missile/Buoy/Mine Deletion Question
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 02:23:19 AM »
There is a "destroy all missiles in flight" button that likely solves this, if not I'd think you can turn on SM mode and delete them.  I've never used mines or buoys so I'm not 100% sure where they end up in the interface so I can't be more specific.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 02:48:50 AM »
Also, How do I launch the sensor buoys and the like without setting a WP, and launching towards that?
I think there is a button in the taskforce interface that's used to launch all missiles loaded in tubes, for this purpose.

Offline Duzzit (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 11:10:22 AM »
Quote from: Paul M link=topic=6287. msg64000#msg64000 date=1373527399
There is a "destroy all missiles in flight" button that likely solves this, if not I'd think you can turn on SM mode and delete them.   I've never used mines or buoys so I'm not 100% sure where they end up in the interface so I can't be more specific.

I can't seem to find this button.  I am fairly sure I've seen it on my interface somewhere before. 

I am terrible with using SM controls >. >

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 12:31:11 AM »
Go to the combat summary main button (the one that sort of looks like a target icon) in a system with armed ships or bases.  Then select a ship from the list that is armed.  At that point a "missiles in flight" panel should show up, go into it and there is a button to destroy the missiles on the list currently in flight.  That should include your bouys and such I would think.

Not having had a reason to use it I can't say this is absolutely certain to work but it should given they are missiles.

Offline Duzzit (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 02:55:06 PM »
Quote from: Paul M link=topic=6287. msg64045#msg64045 date=1373607071
Go to the combat summary main button (the one that sort of looks like a target icon) in a system with armed ships or bases.   Then select a ship from the list that is armed.   At that point a "missiles in flight" panel should show up, go into it and there is a button to destroy the missiles on the list currently in flight.   That should include your bouys and such I would think.

Not having had a reason to use it I can't say this is absolutely certain to work but it should given they are missiles.
Nah, that works perfectly thanks :)