Author Topic: Questions on Ruins and their types  (Read 2564 times)

Offline Deutschbag (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Discord Username: Pwnzerfaust
Questions on Ruins and their types
« on: August 01, 2013, 12:13:06 PM »
So I've been wondering if there's a definitive list somewhere of types of ruins and the approximate number of installations each might have. I've encountered a number of types so far: Destroyed Outpost, Ruined Colony, Ruined City, Ruined Settlement, Partially Intact Colony, and maybe a few others. But I was wondering if there was a full list somewhere.

On that note, is it possible in any way to specify the type of ruin for a planet? I'm creating a scenario and I'd like to have a specific type of ruin on it (Ruined City), but all I can do is random ruins. Any tips to that end would be appreciated.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Questions on Ruins and their types
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 01:30:11 PM »
I have this list from a few years back from small to large, I don´t have numbers for them, however

Destroyed Outpost
Ruined Outpost
Ruined Settlement
Ruined Colony
Ruined City
Damaged Installation
Abandoned Installation
Partially Intact City
Deserted Intact City
Deserted Intact Cities
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 02:43:10 PM »
On that note, is it possible in any way to specify the type of ruin for a planet? I'm creating a scenario and I'd like to have a specific type of ruin on it (Ruined City), but all I can do is random ruins. Any tips to that end would be appreciated.

You need to recreate ruins until you get the desired outcome.

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 01:46:23 AM »
Hijacking this thread to ask a different but related question:

Does the governor's Xenology skill affect the skill of the Xenoarcheology team working on ruins on the planet or not?

Offline Deutschbag (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Discord Username: Pwnzerfaust
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 01:56:28 PM »
I think it does, but now that you ask, I'm not actually sure. I thought it might give a percent bonus to the team skill based on the governor's skill... But I'm not sure now.

Offline Thundercraft

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Ensign Navigator
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 09:05:20 PM »
Does the governor's Xenology skill affect the skill of the Xenoarcheology team working on ruins on the planet or not?

I think it does, but now that you ask, I'm not actually sure.

The Aurora wiki is your friend (even if it desperately needs updating and expanded content). Per the wiki page on Leaders:

Civilian Administrators can be assigned as Governors of planets and sectors, granting their bonuses to the planet or sector.
Civilian Administrators can have their bonuses in the following fields: Administration Rating...[snip] Xenology Bonus...[snip] and Mining Bonus

This states that it should give the bonus "to the planet or sector". If it does not, then it would probably be a bug (or oversight).
"Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine." - Sir Arthur Stanley Eddington

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 02:38:45 AM »
I had looked in the wiki but it is far from clear if the Xenology skill applies or if it does apply how it is used (directly added or multiplied as a bonus).  There is nothing stopping me adding a civillian administrator to team after all.  I have decided to go with a leader with better terraforming bonuses to help that along instead.