Author Topic: Multination same planet start?  (Read 1605 times)

Offline Ranged66 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
Multination same planet start?
« on: August 25, 2013, 07:31:39 AM »
I would like to create a few nations on the same planet, like Europe, USA, Russia, China etc.
Can anyone explain how I would do this? preferably not nuking earth to ashes instantly?

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
Re: Multination same planet start?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 08:22:31 AM »
If you want to do this you will need to run each country yourself.  It does not work with having any of them be npr's unfortunately.

As for creating them, open up the System View (F9) screen while in SM mode.  On the bottom right are a bunch of sm commands, including create empire.  Use that button several times.  On the empire creation screen for species use the dropdown and select human.  Fill in the political parts as you want for each one.

Brian

Offline Ranged66 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 08:31:24 AM »
I have noticed that you can create NPR's, but they can only be TN empires. . .  does that work?

Offline wobbly

• Chief Petty Officer
  • w
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 08:51:27 AM »
My understanding is that unless you play them all yourself, they will start nuking each other quite quickly. The games not set up to handle 2 empires sharing the same system. They'll spot a combat vessel near there home colony & relationships will deterioate very quickly.

Offline Ranged66 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 09:45:05 AM »
but www.  bay12forums.  com/smf/index.  php?topic=47678.  11985

1.    Start new game.   
2.    Open SM mode.   
3.    Make multiple empires on same planet.   
4.    Set the other empires as NPR if you don't want to control them.   
5.    Then you can (if you want) set them to remain neutral to each other, though this is tedious.    You have to switch to the first empire(set default race), create a ship with an active sensor so it detects the other populations, then go to diplomacy and click the force communicate button to allow them to communicate, then click the checkmark at the bottom which keeps them at neutral standing.    Doing this will (hopefully) make them not nuke each other right away.   

Note: When you add the empires, they may not immediately show up under the races/empires window.    I had to exit game and relaunch it for them to show up.   

That was a little rushed but hopefully will help.   

Im going to try this.   .   .    anyone know for sure if it works? I dont have time now.   

Offline Minarin

• Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 04:41:59 AM »
I've got a multi nation game going.  I set it up ages ago but I think it was.

1.  Go to SM Mode

2.  Go to System View (f9)

3.  Click the planet and then click Create Empire.