Author Topic: 2036-2038  (Read 2181 times)

Offline Panopticon (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
2036-2038
« on: August 22, 2011, 04:17:54 PM »
2 year update this time as nothing interesting happened. Classified info has been sent to you all, if you haven't heard from me let me know, Father Tim, your inbox is full and I can't send you anything, Inuk is leaderless, Chaos!

Anyway no major events so I'll just do a small write up of what you guys see.

An uneventful couple of years was not marred by the slightest hint of conflict on the surface all nations are focused on their conversion and research programs to the exclusion of all else. Inuk and the Northern Kingdom are showing signs of intense activity in their known ground forces training facilities, but what is being produced does not match the known signature of conventional ground forces.

All nations have steadily upgraded their shipyards, and now each possess a single Naval Shipyard with one slipway that can host a vessel massing over 5000 tons.

Remember folks, you can talk amongst yourselves and try to negotiate trades or treaties if you like, or post public negotiations in the forum I set for it.
Though I suppose not a lot has happened to negotiate about yet.

I am going to try to get another decent updated done in the next couple days, then you won't hear from me for about 5 days as I am going to PAX Prime for my wedding anniversary starting this coming Thursday.

Offline Vynadan

• Lt. Commander
  • V
Re: 2036-2038
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 06:32:26 PM »
In the course of the two years that were 2036 and 2037 events of political concern took place within the Japanese Alliance. The rebuilding efforts were commencing in both the Japanese islands and Korean territories, but the annexation of Korea was a far too recent event for the years to pass by without questions being asked - especially concerning the political influence of the Korean 'provincial' government onto the international play. Korean civilians voiced their concern regarding the name of the Japanese Alliance and the national language, Japanese, although a large portion of the populace was, in fact, Korean and spoke Korean as well. The public voice of Korean civilians was backed up by several politicians as well, both voicing their own concerns but also hoping for and improved image towards their Korean audience.
Japanese officials saw little choice, especially as the agreement made during The Invasion was one of mutual national cooperation and unity - not a solely militarily enforced conquest (despite the conquest of North Korea - but both South Korean and Japanese officials refuse to speak of it as such in public).

The result of several albeit peaceful protests and heavy debates were that the Japanese Alliance instated Korean as a second official language. Suggestions were made for a renaming of the union, but none could be agreed upon. The Korean public grew less audible with Korean as an official language and debates waned, the issue not solved but successfully postponed.

This is no Aurora event and has no influence on the actual game - just 'story development' within the Japanese Alliance. I certainly want to encourage other people to write things that go beyond Aurora for their own faction or comment on what happens in other nations!

Offline FGRaptor

• Petty Officer
    • Minecraft Creations
Re: 2036-2038
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 09:59:46 PM »
As every year before the Queen's birthday was a major event for the Northern Kingdom in the last years as well.   In 2037 the highest number of TV viewers was recorded so far.   Tens of millions of citizens followed Her Majesty, Queen Louise the First, as she rode through Pendragon and then celebrated her birthday in the Pendragon Palace with all the royalty present. 

All reports of civil unrest, riots or voices against Her Majesty and the Northern Kingdom were confirmed false. 

This is no Aurora event and has no influence on the actual game - just 'story development' within the Northern Kingdom. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 07:31:35 AM by FGRaptor »
Minecraft Creations