Author Topic: More conditional order slots  (Read 2079 times)

Offline JustAnotherDude (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • J
More conditional order slots
« on: April 14, 2020, 05:57:13 PM »
At the moment, it is impossible to make a surveyor refuel, resupply and overhaul with conditionals. Just a single extra conditional order slot would fix this immediately! With standing orders as well we cannot effectively automate a mixed geo/grav surveyor, instead we have to switch them over manually when we need to.

Offline Alsadius

• Lieutenant
Re: More conditional order slots
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 06:05:27 PM »
Alternately, add some combined orders like "Refuel and resupply" (which already exists as a manual order, so should be easy to add). If you're at the base anyway you can just grab both, and you almost always want to for military ships.

I'd also like to have "Resupply and overhaul" as an option, if it's not too much work.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 06:10:31 PM »
Alternately, add some combined orders like "Refuel and resupply" (which already exists as a manual order, so should be easy to add). If you're at the base anyway you can just grab both, and you almost always want to for military ships.

I'd also like to have "Resupply and overhaul" as an option, if it's not too much work.

Probably this is best as I think to add another condition is:
A) not as simple
B) probably causing major bugs to related chain orders
C) just another set up to add to the fleet

The following users thanked this post: Alsadius

Offline 01010100

• Chief Petty Officer
  • ?
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 08:41:42 PM »
Don't they automatically resupply (and refuel?) when they are overhauled? If so then you could make fuel, supply, and deployment time about equal and use overhaul for everything as a workaround.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 09:23:48 PM »
Don't they automatically resupply (and refuel?) when they are overhauled? If so then you could make fuel, supply, and deployment time about equal and use overhaul for everything as a workaround.

no

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2020, 05:59:35 AM »

no

To expand on the point raised by my honourable predecessor, ships do not automatically resupply and refuel when overhauled.

Offline 01010100

• Chief Petty Officer
  • ?
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2020, 02:08:48 PM »

no

To expand on the point raised by my honourable predecessor, ships do not automatically resupply and refuel when overhauled.

One can only hope that the "make them automatically resupply when overhauled" will be the solution chosen to the "ships with 0 MSP do not overhaul" bug.

The following users thanked this post: Alsadius