Author Topic: Overlord  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Overlord
« on: September 03, 2007, 01:13:17 PM »
Developer - Triumph Studios
Publisher - Codemasters
Genre - Fantasy God Game

Score - Graphics (4/5), Sound (4/5), Gameplay (4/5)

This game is a fun little romp through the neighboring areas as the evil overlord. You have minions at your beck and call, so you don't have to scuff your armor. These minions (goblins) will loot and pillage whatever you tell them to. They will bring back treasure and potions for you, as well as lifeforce (which increases the number of minions you have available). They will also equip themselves, with cries of "Mine!" and "Oooh! Treasure!", with various things. I found it highly amusing to see most of my goblins wearing pumpkins on their heads. And when they attack sheep. Well. Let's just say they don't have a future in rodeos.

The aim of the game is to rebuild your Evil Overlord Tower. For that you need to take or otherwise acquire various things strewn about the game world.

Overall, this one is a fun play. I found myself sending my minions out to see what they'd come back wearing, just for the giggle factor.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Erik Luken »

Offline TrueZuluwiz

• Zulu
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
Evil overlord
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 12:47:55 PM »
Here is the link to the Evil Overlord List, which is reasonably humorous. There is more than one list, and with just a bit of fiddling around with your search engine, you'll find the others.

http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by TrueZuluwiz »
Expecting the Spanish Inquisition

Offline Þórgrímr

• Rear Admiral
    • The World of the Gunny
Re: Overlord
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 07:49:26 PM »
Quote from: "Erik Luken"
Developer - Triumph Studios
Publisher - Codemasters
Genre - Fantasy God Game

Score - Graphics (4/5), Sound (4/5), Gameplay (4/5)

This game is a fun little romp through the neighboring areas as the evil overlord. You have minions at your beck and call, so you don't have to scuff your armor. These minions (goblins) will loot and pillage whatever you tell them to. They will bring back treasure and potions for you, as well as lifeforce (which increases the number of minions you have available). They will also equip themselves, with cries of "Mine!" and "Oooh! Treasure!", with various things. I found it highly amusing to see most of my goblins wearing pumpkins on their heads. And when they attack sheep. Well. Let's just say they don't have a future in rodeos.

The aim of the game is to rebuild your Evil Overlord Tower. For that you need to take or otherwise acquire various things strewn about the game world.

Overall, this one is a fun play. I found myself sending my minions out to see what they'd come back wearing, just for the giggle factor.

Eric, that reminds me of an overland version of Dungeonkeeper.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Þórgrímr »
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war

Offline Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 10:10:05 PM »
Somewhat yes. But I do think it is a bit better than Dungeon Keeper. Here you are terrorizing peasants instead of killing off adventurers ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Erik Luken »