Author Topic: How to increase Crew Grade?  (Read 1267 times)

Offline Cavgunner (OP)

• Lt. Commander
How to increase Crew Grade?
« on: July 04, 2018, 12:51:06 PM »
Hello all, so due to war pressure and a lack of trained crewmen in my manpower pool, I had to launch a few ships with Conscript crews.  Now that the fighting is over I wish to increase the crew grade of these ships (I now have the manpower to do so).  How do I go about doing this?  There isn't any obvious way that I see, and the spacemaster option doesn't offer any solutions either.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Re: How to increase Crew Grade?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 01:35:30 PM »
Crew grade only increases with damage, I think. But I think that you could make a bumerang build, refit your ships to a smaller hull, absorbing the fired crewmen to your crew pool and then refit them back the original ship. Cost time, money and material... But wait for your crew pool has increased with a lot more than you release, not sure how this will impact on your pool grade thou.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 01:37:21 PM by ExChairman »
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 03:26:07 PM »
Crew Grade will increase over time based on the Crew Training skill of the ship commander. It will also increase a small amount if the ship is damaged in combat.

Offline misanthropope

• Lt. Commander
  • m
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 03:28:11 PM »
i mean, my first reaction is "just play on".  not telling you your business, but having to conscript crews because of a strenuous war is kind of a cool historical detail, and the state of the ships is like a nice scar from a good fight.  moreover, since low grade crews improve much more rapidly, the actual liability involved going forward is pretty minimal.

but if details nag at you (i can relate) i believe you can SM damage and then SM repairs, get your grade up that way.  less "god mode" is scrap the ship and build new, its much faster and cheaper when you have the components in hand (unless you made the mistake of putting armor on the cursed thing...).  the RP for using industry to improve your crews?  i dunno, in the depths of the war your navy experimented with AI crew which were ultimately deemed insufficient.

avoid the problem recurring with more academies.  i have such a hard time getting a satisfactory suite of scientists that by the time i power my way through that problem with academies i have more crew than i can use, even with a high base grade