Author Topic: EU - circle of stars  (Read 7556 times)

Offline Vandermeer (OP)

• Rear Admiral
Re: EU - circle of stars
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 12:24:24 PM »
Impossible for CSA to recover from this. The frigates are now constantly patrolling Earth orbit, and shortly after war end, also one of the Skysplitter turret pdcs were placed on the planet. They and China both tried again and again to set new shipyards up, but they get destroyed instantly, rendering them trapped on ground no matter their tech level.
I ground attacked to look up their labs anyway, and they grew to respectable 14 (+11 gain). Amazing since I only managed to build 2 additional ones, so their eco shows. Without an interstellar base it won't matter much though, and if they have one then it will this time be their mining that is too small, since they have to start baking small breads again.

When I continue this on 7.2, I will definitely make a story point out of this and just sm them a respectable colony somewhere, so there is competition again. They did start interstellar travel, what, 10-12 years before everyone else, so a developed settlement sounds very plausible.(just remembered me of that ####s from the moon in 201X movie)

Quite the enjoyable read but if i may, a bit too long for a single post.
I know, and I wanted to cut it as described at the very end in ooc, but then there would have been so much re-editing. I thought it would fit before previewing, because I used to post around 20 screens per post on other topics before, and here I had nearly 30, but merged some too. Well, I will watch the overflow more consciously.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline TheDOC

• Registered
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2016, 05:58:53 AM »
Well, a small colony in a system which they filled up with defenses will be interesting. So they don't get instantly blown away by EU/EAS when they'll be found. Maybe add some genetic modifications here and there, "evil" races can do this kind of stuff pretty easily.

Offline AL

• Captain
  • A
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2016, 04:12:59 AM »
For what it's worth, I'm still very much enjoying your writing and do hope you continue it (with increased update regularity!  :P )