Author Topic: Change government types absent?  (Read 1941 times)

Offline LdtSten (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • L
Change government types absent?
« on: October 23, 2020, 09:12:32 AM »
Sorry but I cant find a way to change my government type anymore, where is it? I liked this feature a lot. . . .  ???

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: Change government types absent?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 11:02:01 AM »
Its gone, reduced to atoms.

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 11:13:06 AM »
Sorry but I cant find a way to change my government type anymore, where is it? I liked this feature a lot. . . .  ???

Whilst it was a nice little bit of RP flavour text, all it actually did was assign a series of empire racial presets for militancy, research, expansionism etc. So wouldn't exactly call it a 'feature' as more just a text field Steve has now removed.
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

Offline Froggiest1982

• Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 01:18:17 PM »

Whilst it was a nice little bit of RP flavour text, all it actually did was assign a series of empire racial presets for militancy, research, expansionism etc. So wouldn't exactly call it a 'feature' as more just a text field Steve has now removed.

Looking at the database the government are still there, probably for NPR generation

Offline Witty

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 06:27:01 PM »

Flavor text can still be important. Personality traits for commanders serve no functional purpose, but I consider them critical for narrative crafting. Granted, not everyone plays Aurora in this manner, but Steve very clearly does.

I too would like governments to return someday. Even if it was just complete flavor.

The following users thanked this post: LdtSten

Offline LdtSten (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • L
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 07:49:49 AM »
Well, that's why I'm playing Caves of Qud, Dwarf Fortress and Aurora 4x, for the ability to immerse myself and create a perfect environment with actors that I recognize.  I was about to create a game with space kings and vassals (a bit like a Crusader Kings in space now that I am thinking about it).  But. . .  "Empire"?. . .  Just that? I want to use my imagination but I have to avoid looking at the colony summary and everybody knows here that it is impossible.

Offline Llamageddon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 10:20:24 AM »
I think it was a nice little feature, even if it was effectively just flavour text. You should add it to the suggestions thread.
Currently using Aurora 1.12 - Unmodded

The following users thanked this post: LdtSten

Offline LdtSten (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • L
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2020, 10:53:10 AM »
Quote from: Llamageddon link=topic=12011. msg142291#msg142291 date=1603725624
I think it was a nice little feature, even if it was effectively just flavour text.  You should add it to the suggestions thread.

Yes sure I'll do that. 😊