Author Topic: Jump gate skill  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Daveion (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • D
Jump gate skill
« on: November 05, 2012, 09:24:59 AM »
I have trained the Jump gate skill ((research) Eve online player here) to I think it was 150 days but the module is still described as a 360 day one? so before I actually spend the time and isk to actually build one to test to see if my hard earned research points have paid off, will it be a 150 day JG once the ship is built? or do I have to "create research project" and design the thing from scratch like I have to with missile launchers etc? I cannot see an option to design it in the list so I need to ask.

o7

Offline Bgreman

• Lt. Commander
Re: Jump gate skill
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 10:13:05 AM »
Did you complete the research project for the 150 day jump gate construction module?  Or does it say that the 150 day jump gate construction module is available to be researched?

Offline Daveion (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 10:15:08 AM »
Completed it, took bloody ages :(

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 12:05:38 PM »
The 360 day JG construction module is better known as the "Small Jump Gate Construction Module".  Research wise this is a stand alone system and is not a prerequisite system for any of the faster modules. 

The "Jump Gate Construction Module 180" is the gateway prerequisite module. 

Once the Construction/Production research project is completed the module is available on the ship class design screen.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Daveion (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 01:08:00 PM »
Feel stupid now, I have it sorted. what happened was that I opened a new game to experiment with something entirely differant, went and had a beer, came back remembering that I had completed that research but forgot I was not in my actual game.
Like I said I feel a little silly.   :-[

I have another question but it is not related and I cannot find anything about it using search so I'll open another topic.

If a Mod would like to delete this topic, would be good

Offline vonduus

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • This is your captain speaking
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 01:15:41 PM »
No, don't delete this, I actually learned something from reading this thread. I didn't know that the small jump-gate constructor was a stand-alone thing, so I dutyfully researched it. Won't do that next time.  :)