Author Topic: Fuel question  (Read 1159 times)

Offline vonduus (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • This is your captain speaking
Fuel question
« on: November 08, 2012, 07:24:35 AM »
How do I buy fuel from the civilians?

I forgot to build fuel refineries when I started dissassembling my conventional industry. And I forgot to watch my fuel levels. So the latest delivery of 5 AMM destroyers litterally sucked my fuel supply dry.

Fuel refineries have now top priority. And I plan to build a series of fuel harvesters. But to do that I need fuel. So I thought that I could spend some wealth on the free market. But where is it?

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
Re: Fuel question
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 07:41:33 AM »
As far as I understand you can only buy fuel from civilian fuel harvestors in space.

The best temporary solution would probably be to ground your ships that's not needed at the moment and unload most of their fuel back on the planet.

Offline vonduus (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • This is your captain speaking
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 08:08:21 AM »
Aha, this means, that I will have to go to the shipping line window and identify which ships carry fuel, and then find them in the orders menu after ticking the TG group button? What a core. But then, I could have built more refineries in the first place.

Offline Conscript Gary

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 09:17:53 AM »
Not civilian ships in general, fuel harvesters stationed in orbit of gas giants. They'll show up in the orders list if you tick the task groups box, if they exist