Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 210297 times)

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #795 on: April 03, 2018, 02:16:21 PM »
Error 339

Ok, so I've just downloaded the game again, I used the Full Installer from http:aurora2. pentarch. org/index.  php?topic=5663.  0 , and tried making a new game.   The game engine said it was working on the generation of NPRs before this appeared.   

Make sure you have the msflexgrid control registered. Also make sure it is on your system. If not, check this link.
https://www.codeproject.com/Questions/80105/How-to-download-and-install-MSFlexGrid

The following users thanked this post: Andy8583

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #796 on: April 08, 2018, 07:25:18 PM »

This after playing a fresh install for about twenty years. Haven't even left Sol yet. No NPRs or spoilers active, just one player race.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #797 on: April 12, 2018, 09:09:08 AM »
The plot thickens! When trying to delete the above mentioned game, this happens:

When clicked away, it goes back to the same error message as before when I tried to process time, seen above.

Offline Nyranian

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • N
« Reply #798 on: May 02, 2018, 11:08:05 AM »
I was just exploring and colonizing Mars when my game began advancing only one day at a time.  It doesn't matter if I press 5 days or 30 days it will always just advance one day.  Everything below one day was fine and working as intended.  I already checked with Spacemaster if any war was going on, but I didn't find anything.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #799 on: May 02, 2018, 03:50:06 PM »
Space Master will not show spoilers nor NPRs.

Offline RhysAnnwn

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • R
« Reply #800 on: May 06, 2018, 12:03:35 AM »
Not sure if this is answered elsewhere.

I have been playing along just fine, then the game froze. . . not sure why, but I am also getting asked to give orders to a civilian freight company's ship.

This happened in another game, so I just started this one from scratch and it is happening again.

All suggestions, advice or admonishing me for not realising the obvious greatly appreciated. . .

RA

Offline Seolferwulf

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
« Reply #801 on: May 06, 2018, 08:25:48 AM »
Duplication bug: missiles/buoys

I've designed a size 6 thermal buoy for surveillance purposes and constructed 100 of them.
Didn't want to design another ship, so I just used my fighters for placing the buoys, since they also use size 6 missiles (two size 6 box launchers).
Loaded all 100 buoys and 49 fighters into my carrier.
I used the "Ordnance Management" tab in "Individual Unit Details" window to load a single buoy into one of the fighters (missile capacity 6 of 12 used) from the carriers magazines.
Clicked "Para - MS", "Para - CO",  "ALL Para - MS" or "All Para - CO" to copy the loadout for all fighters on the same carrier (don't remember which button exactly).

After a bit of playing I noticed I've more buoys than I should.
After counting there are now 139 buoys in total.

Edit:
I'm unable to reproduce the bug.
Not sure what I did different from before.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 11:10:26 AM by Seolferwulf »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #802 on: May 07, 2018, 03:43:31 PM »
Duplication bug: missiles/buoys

I've designed a size 6 thermal buoy for surveillance purposes and constructed 100 of them.
Didn't want to design another ship, so I just used my fighters for placing the buoys, since they also use size 6 missiles (two size 6 box launchers).
Loaded all 100 buoys and 49 fighters into my carrier.
I used the "Ordnance Management" tab in "Individual Unit Details" window to load a single buoy into one of the fighters (missile capacity 6 of 12 used) from the carriers magazines.
Clicked "Para - MS", "Para - CO",  "ALL Para - MS" or "All Para - CO" to copy the loadout for all fighters on the same carrier (don't remember which button exactly).

After a bit of playing I noticed I've more buoys than I should.
After counting there are now 139 buoys in total.

Edit:
I'm unable to reproduce the bug.
Not sure what I did different from before.

Did you have any fighters in production after you changed the fighter loadout?

Offline Seolferwulf

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
« Reply #803 on: May 07, 2018, 04:09:49 PM »
Did you have any fighters in production after you changed the fighter loadout?

No, no fighters were in production at that time or afterwards.

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #804 on: May 07, 2018, 04:57:03 PM »
I've recently noticed a bug as I was working on my campaign.  I don't know if it is a known bug, as I've been away for a while.  I'm concerned that it may cross over to the C# Aurora, so I thought I'd report it. 

This is the situation: Race A is defending a planet against a missile attack from Race B.  Race B's missiles are size 5.  Race A detects the incoming missiles at approximately 40,000,000 kilometers on thermal sensors.  Race A's best planet-based anti-missile sensor has a maximum detection range of 37,000,000 kilometers, but of course, since size 5 missiles are much smaller than 50 tons (resolution 1), the incoming missiles don't get detected by active sensors until they are around 4,000,000 kilometers away.  Once they've been detected by active sensors Race A's planet based missile defenses can begin launching AMM's.  All good so far. 

The glitch, if it is one, comes after the leading edge of the incoming missile wave is detected by the planet-based sensors.  Race A's PDC's will begin launching against the closest of Race B's missiles, as they should, but then they will go on to launch against all other missiles within their programed engagement range, whether the missiles have been detected by active sensors or just thermal sensors. 

This is certainly a help to the defense, as they immediately gain defense-in-depth, but given the defenses were unable to engage the incoming missiles until the leading edge of the missile stream was detected on active sensors, why then can the rest of the missiles be engaged whether they've been detected on actives or thermal?

Kurt

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #805 on: May 08, 2018, 11:48:26 AM »
I've recently noticed a bug as I was working on my campaign.  I don't know if it is a known bug, as I've been away for a while.  I'm concerned that it may cross over to the C# Aurora, so I thought I'd report it. 

This is the situation: Race A is defending a planet against a missile attack from Race B.  Race B's missiles are size 5.  Race A detects the incoming missiles at approximately 40,000,000 kilometers on thermal sensors.  Race A's best planet-based anti-missile sensor has a maximum detection range of 37,000,000 kilometers, but of course, since size 5 missiles are much smaller than 50 tons (resolution 1), the incoming missiles don't get detected by active sensors until they are around 4,000,000 kilometers away.  Once they've been detected by active sensors Race A's planet based missile defenses can begin launching AMM's.  All good so far. 

The glitch, if it is one, comes after the leading edge of the incoming missile wave is detected by the planet-based sensors.  Race A's PDC's will begin launching against the closest of Race B's missiles, as they should, but then they will go on to launch against all other missiles within their programed engagement range, whether the missiles have been detected by active sensors or just thermal sensors. 

This is certainly a help to the defense, as they immediately gain defense-in-depth, but given the defenses were unable to engage the incoming missiles until the leading edge of the missile stream was detected on active sensors, why then can the rest of the missiles be engaged whether they've been detected on actives or thermal?

Kurt

I wasn't aware of that one. C# detection code is completely rewritten though so I hope the bug won't transfer.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #806 on: May 09, 2018, 03:01:18 AM »
It might make sense ( in above situation ) if AMMs with active onboard sensors could have the advantage of being possible to launch against thermal only targets, while AMMs without could only be fired against missiles detected by active sensors.

Offline plasticpanzers

• Lt. Commander
  • p
« Reply #807 on: May 11, 2018, 12:23:05 AM »
built a fun game with SM but about 10 years in I had a system with two planets with the same number.   I changed one to an unused number and since then the planet is no longer accessible game wise but can be looked at but no landings, no destination listed for it.   Now I have been getting a cascade of errors 91,94,13,381.   Darnit I like this game but when it gets off on an angle I loose two real days of time having to rebuilt the game from scratch.  I wish there was some save that allowed me to go back before this but there is not which means the game if it continues to pile up multiples of the same error over and over will make it impossible to play.  I am really leery of having to put two more of my free days aside to redo it all over with a random new galaxy.   I wish there were some where to save files like ships and research so i would not have to do it over and over.  fun but overall really irritating.

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #808 on: May 13, 2018, 05:20:32 PM »
built a fun game with SM but about 10 years in I had a system with two planets with the same number.   I changed one to an unused number and since then the planet is no longer accessible game wise but can be looked at but no landings, no destination listed for it.   Now I have been getting a cascade of errors 91,94,13,381.   Darnit I like this game but when it gets off on an angle I loose two real days of time having to rebuilt the game from scratch.  I wish there was some save that allowed me to go back before this but there is not which means the game if it continues to pile up multiples of the same error over and over will make it impossible to play.  I am really leery of having to put two more of my free days aside to redo it all over with a random new galaxy.   I wish there were some where to save files like ships and research so i would not have to do it over and over.  fun but overall really irritating.

You could just delete that system through SM?
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline plasticpanzers

• Lt. Commander
  • p
« Reply #809 on: May 14, 2018, 02:35:28 AM »
Mines don't appear to work (same type of design used in the past).   381 and 94 errors when using
Combat Assignment Screen.   Ships not following orders.   Fleet cease fire still has ships shooting again
for several minutes (not reloads).  have to manually cease fire each ship.   The 94 error appears to be in
the Combat Assignment Screen.  I suspect if I use the Individual Units Menu this might not occur (will
look in the next fight).   Why do missiles move and strike passing targets when beam weapons do not
(when using longer intervals).  Should they not fire automatically at any game speed like missiles do?  My
and an enemy sqn passed each other within sensor range but no guns fired but all were ready to.