Author Topic: Incremental time problems  (Read 4015 times)

Offline zazu (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • z
Re: Incremental time problems
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 12:45:07 PM »
Still.... I really don't know what's up.

I checked npc events but it was only the fuel problem that stood out, rest is.. nothing special

Also it bugs me it's basically a fixed 6 hours, what could've caused this?

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2011, 02:47:31 PM »
I belive, and I stress the belive part, aurora sets its sub-pulses for advancing time to several levels below what you order. So, if you click 30 days, aurora runs on 6-hour sub-pulses. Try hitting 5 days, and an interrupt will probably occur after 1 hour.
This is because it would take the program forever to run a 30 day increment, if it had to check for every ship/base every 5 seconds of game time.

There has to be something, that triggers an interrupt. The question is just: What is it?
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Vynadan

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2011, 03:08:00 PM »
In the system map (F3) there's a 'activate space-time bubble in this system' checkbox if you're in SM mode.

If it really is relentless, you can go to each system you have a regular presence in, check this box, run a five day increment and see what happens. Most of the time, nothing should stop you from running these five day increments - if in one system they do get interrupted, you've found the system wherein a sensor outpost, some distant ship or whatever the heck it is that's coping a feel with its sensors, is located. Throughly screen that system and your problem should be solved.

If this doesn't help, it's entirely out of your sphere of influence. I've never been in designer mode, but at least with regular SM you can then be sure that it's some NPR exclusive occurance from them sensing one another regularly. The auto turn checkbox is the only thing that'll help you then, or start without any pre generated NPRs next time.

Offline zazu (OP)

• z
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2011, 04:01:31 PM »
"there's a 'activate space-time bubble in this system' checkbox"

I don't know where I can find this?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 04:09:04 PM by zazu »

Offline blue emu

• Commander
  • b
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2011, 05:04:11 PM »
Left side-bar, bottom, "Contacts" tab.

Offline zazu (OP)

• z
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2011, 05:22:15 PM »
It passed 2 days 8 hours then I got an error saying my scout couldn't pass the system but that was foreseen. Let me go through my other systems, hopefully this can get resolved, kinda dampening my mood ugh

--Yeah... giving up this campaign, it's futile. Now some NPR's are fighting so that only adds to the misery. pfft..

Quitters suck! Ok every once in a while I get a division by zero error. Can anyone shed some light on this?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 05:48:56 PM by zazu »

Offline zazu (OP)

• z
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2011, 06:11:13 PM »
Ok now the time is just going from 10 seconds to 1 full day so I guess it was just some npr's duking it out, I'll see how it goes...

Offline LoSboccacc

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2011, 08:38:11 AM »
so, how does this auto turns work?

If I put 10 in the turn box and tick the check and click the 1 hour increment, it does 10 turns up to 1 hour long.

is there any other way to do it? checking the auto turn on and leaving the min increment to 0 seems not to have any effect.

I'm looking for a way to press the 1 day increment and have the game do whatever it takes to bring me 1 day forward  :P

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2011, 09:02:57 AM »
If you press the 1 day increment, time will move forward by 1 day if you leave autoturns unticked. If you tick autoturn and leave it at 0, it will move forward by 1 day intervals until it gets interrupted (by one of the message types that trigger an interrupt - mostly things you might need to respond to). If you choose a smaller increment it will move forward by that much per-turn. The minimum turns thing is for when you specifically don't want it to interrupt for any reason.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2011, 01:42:43 PM »
Be _very_ carful with the minimum turns thing!

Aurora will not stop for anything (at least, that is how it is supposed to work, never used it, just too dangerous). So while you have a 10 x 5 day increment running, an alien fleet could come out of a jumppoint, fly to earth, nuke the place and be halfway back home, before you will notice anything.

Well, at least that´s how I understand it should work.

Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2011, 02:44:28 PM »
Be _very_ carful with the minimum turns thing!

Aurora will not stop for anything (at least, that is how it is supposed to work, never used it, just too dangerous). So while you have a 10 x 5 day increment running, an alien fleet could come out of a jumppoint, fly to earth, nuke the place and be halfway back home, before you will notice anything.

Well, at least that´s how I understand it should work.

It's supposed to interrupt on detection.

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2011, 03:18:50 PM »
It's supposed to interrupt on detection.
Are there specific things that override the minimum turns thing then? Because I have before set minimum turns to 120 and set it going for 30 day increments (messing around with the starting settings, this one had a very low pop so took forever to get things done) and it stopped for nothing until the 10 years was up. Admittedly I didn't have any aliens appear in the time though. But it certainly doesn't stop for other normally-interrupting events.

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2011, 05:03:36 PM »
I don't think it stops for anything while on minimum increments. It seems somewhat besides the point if it did, since you would get a bunch of stopping for new missile contacts, and I believe the whole point is speeding up combat.

We just really need something between 'don't stop for anything' and 'stop for nigh everything' :)