VB6 Aurora > Aurora Bugs

Error 6 Overflow with Sensors

(1/3) > >>

WHCnelson:
  Hi Guys...   
  I have been having this problem with the new game I am starting with the Sensor Tab for the "System Map" (F3).   In the Passive Sensor Box  I can not go above 20 within the "To Detect Sensor Strength Range" before I get the Error 6 Overflow.   It will then not go away even if I zoom out on the map or change the Sensor Detection Strength.   I can get the Show Signiture Detection Range: Sensor Strength up pass 80 to 90 before I get the same problem.    Also, What would be the best numbers for these two areas?   Any help is appreciated...

Steve Walmsley:

--- Quote from: WHCnelson on December 24, 2011, 11:41:03 AM ---  Hi Guys...   
  I have been having this problem with the new game I am starting with the Sensor Tab for the "System Map" (F3).   In the Passive Sensor Box  I can not go above 20 within the "To Detect Sensor Strength Range" before I get the Error 6 Overflow.   It will then not go away even if I zoom out on the map or change the Sensor Detection Strength.   I can get the Show Signiture Detection Range: Sensor Strength up pass 80 to 90 before I get the same problem.    Also, What would be the best numbers for these two areas?   Any help is appreciated...

--- End quote ---

This is a bug. I've found and corrected the problem for the next version. The most likely reason you have this bug is probably is that one of your planets or ships has an extremely powerful passive sensor.

Steve

Pyromanuel:
It seems like I can't open a new topic here in the bugs-section.   Well, this one looks the closest to my current problem so I just reply here:

Once I open the F3-window this:
No systems is visible, only the blue emptieness of space.   A window with the name "Error in CentreOnLocation" tells me "Error 6.  .  .   Overflow.  .  .  "

If I kill this window twice it won't reappear until I restart the F3-screen, but of course a system map without system is far from useful to me. 

EDIT: if I zoom out, the error message reappears.  If I zoom in the game says "Run-time error '6': Overflow" and crashes after I confirm that window.

Beersatron:

--- Quote from: Pyromanuel on January 09, 2012, 03:28:59 PM ---It seems like I can't open a new topic here in the bugs-section.   Well, this one looks the closest to my current problem so I just reply here:

Once I open the F3-window this:
No systems is visible, only the blue emptieness of space.   A window with the name "Error in CentreOnLocation" tells me "Error 6.  .  .   Overflow.  .  .  "

If I kill this window twice it won't reappear until I restart the F3-screen, but of course a system map without system is far from useful to me. 

EDIT: if I zoom out, the error message reappears.  If I zoom in the game says "Run-time error '6': Overflow" and crashes after I confirm that window.

--- End quote ---

Don't have the game in front of me atm, but in the top-left of that screen you have the zoom buttons and I think there should also be a 'reset to default' or something like that - have a look and try that?

Pyromanuel:
Yes, button "Min Zoom" repaired it.  Thanks, I thought my game was gone for good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version