Author Topic: v1.40 Bugs Thread  (Read 21886 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
v1.40 Bugs Thread
« on: April 14, 2020, 06:36:20 PM »
Please post bugs in this thread for v1.4

Please check the Known Issues post before posting so see if the problem has already been identified. 'Me too' posts for unresolved bugs are fine as it shows they are affecting more than one person. Any extra information you can provide in 'me too' posts is very welcome.

When you post, please post as much information as possible, including the function number, the complete error text, the window affected, what you were doing at the time, if this was a conventional start and if this was a random stars game. Also if the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off. If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well.

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982, Kristover, Z3d10uS, Ancalagon

Offline SoddenSlimeball

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
Re: v1.40 Bugs Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 06:48:53 PM »
If you, for some reason, grant independence to your only colony(not sure if for any colony or only your last one), trying to advance time will return the error message:

Function #1555: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 

Edit: I should note that time does advance after clearing several dozen of these messages, until the next time you try to advance time.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 06:51:25 PM »
If you, for some reason, grant independence to your only colony(not sure if for any colony or only your last one), trying to advance time will return the error message:
Function #1555: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

That is related to fleet training, although I can't see where an object could be null. Try turning off fleet training and see if the problem goes away.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 06:52:58 PM »
Create a new race still does not create any Ships but only Ground Forces.

Templates for the ship design are there though.

EDIT: I have increased budget and flagged both creations of ground forces and ships but only bigger ground forces are created. Same if you flag only creation of ships without ground forces. Probably I start to think this is intended.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 06:55:49 PM by froggiest1982 »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 06:55:03 PM »

It should not create anything for players apart from designs. I thought I stopped the ground forces being created - definitely 1.4?

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 06:58:11 PM »

It should not create anything for players apart from designs. I thought I stopped the ground forces being created - definitely 1.4?

all good works as intended, I have overwritten the database rather than cancel it first :-)

EDIT: rushing in it I guess

Offline Chrisianak

• Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 06:59:35 PM »
Trade good LG infrastructure does not seem to be traded.   I have seen lot's of other trade goods shipped, but not that one.   Also annual production is not credited to a colony that needs more.

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 07:00:35 PM »
Super minor bug: Pressing "redo minerals" on a gas giant does nothing. Since gas giants can only contain sorium, I guess I can just roll a million sided die or something and just put that much sorium down if I really want to.

Related note: Pressing "Redo Minerals" on a solid system body will usually generate no minerals, which is, I suppose, technically correct, but... it feels a little strange.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2020, 07:06:13 PM »
Super minor bug: Pressing "redo minerals" on a gas giant does nothing. Since gas giants can only contain sorium, I guess I can just roll a million sided die or something and just put that much sorium down if I really want to.

Related note: Pressing "Redo Minerals" on a solid system body will usually generate no minerals, which is, I suppose, technically correct, but... it feels a little strange.

Redo just reruns the mineral generation, so most of the time it will be nothing.

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2020, 07:12:27 PM »

Redo just reruns the mineral generation, so most of the time it will be nothing.

I thought of that too, but if yoy regen minerals on a gas giant with sorium, the amount STILL doesnt change.

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2020, 07:14:04 PM »
I was going to put this in the 1. 3 thread but it got closed before I had chance  :(
I'm going to stop for the evening before I have chance to check if they still apply to 1. 4

The log doesn't record the (P) which the component should have when 'researching' a prototype.  IMO prototypes should not appear in the log or should be listed as a prototype not a research event.

You can use a prototype gauss cannon and gauss cannon turret to design an STO.  I managed to research and build one without generating any errors.

Finally you can put turrets in STO's.  However if you do this the tracking speed stays at the racial level, there is no bonus or change for putting a turret (at least in the display).  I tried with both a twin gauss cannon and twin laser turret designed with tracking at 5000 but the unit showed 1250.  Not sure if turrets are supposed to be able to go in STOs but seems to be a bit wrong either way.

The following users thanked this post: lordcirth, Resand

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2020, 07:17:43 PM »
When creating an industry construction project, it will accept a negative or zero quantity of the thing to be created (although it will be rounded to a quantity of 1). It will also accept a fractional quantity (you can tell it to build half a mine) or a industrial capacity percentage greater than 100% - although this causes an exception "function #2199: Sequence contains no elements".

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2020, 07:22:21 PM »
System display:  holding down shift in VB6 allowed you to measure distance and direction.  That functionality seems to have been removed. 

Edit: nevermind - I was informed that this has not been added back in yet. 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 09:23:10 PM by bankshot »

The following users thanked this post: Karlito, KvaNTy, Ancalagon, Napier

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2020, 07:28:35 PM »
When exploring a new jump point (40 years in, 3 NPR's set at start) I finally found something (this error!).

I got the error: No Species found for this race followed by

Afterwards everything seemed fine and I passed some years

50 years in, can't find any NPR's, time has never slowed down (unlike in 1.3 where it would slow down quite a few times), no stabilized jump points anywhere. I've explored maybe 50 systems.

Offline Demonius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2020, 07:30:33 PM »
Anyone able to create Medals?

I suddenly get Error 2471, Value can't be NULL although I have filled out all fields and selected an Image.