Author Topic: Prevent new systems generation  (Read 1503 times)

Offline S0ulCatcher (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
Prevent new systems generation
« on: April 29, 2013, 06:46:07 AM »
Sorry my bad english.

I create new game (Real stars) with Maximum number of systems =10, but recover over 15, and in each next system i see more and more JP - seems like it never end.
How can i create universe with fixed number of system: 20 or 30 and 2-3 strong NRP races and mutch often encaunters (Invaders, Swarm)? What combination of options in Create_New_Game may help me?
I afraid this can be done only in SM-mod: manualy created each system + jump-relations between them and each Empire, but i not love this way

Offline s20dan

• Leading Rate
  • s
Re: Prevent new systems generation
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 07:55:30 AM »
Hey,

I think when using "Real Stars" the Max number of systems isn't used.
 If you uncheck "Real Stars" it should let you use the MAxnumber of systems at 10 or something.

Offline S0ulCatcher (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 10:44:48 AM »
Quote from: s20dan link=topic=6119. msg62690#msg62690 date=1367240130
Hey,

I think when using "Real Stars" the Max number of systems isn't used. 
 If you uncheck "Real Stars" it should let you use the MAxnumber of systems at 10 or something. 
Nope, this does not work :(  I tryed NOT_real_stars setup with Maximum Systems=3 (Local System Generation Chance=100 and Spread=0) and find 10 JP in nearest 3 systems

Offline sublight

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 05:01:45 PM »
Creating a new game with real stars off and a maximum number of systems set works as long as the maximum number of systems is greater than the maximum number of jump points in a system. I'd suggest trying a new game with ~25 maximum systems and seeing what happens.

An explanation:

It is possible to have more unexplored jump points than there are maximum systems. In that case several jump points will end up leading to the same location. In Aurora jump links and new systems are only created when a jump point is explored. When that happens, Aurora rolls a random number between [min star] and [max star].

Assuming a game was started without using real stars:
By default, [min star] = (System_# - local_distance) if a local generation, minimum/else 1.
By default, [max star] = (system_# + local_distance) if a local generation, maximum/else Max_Systems.

If the randomly generated system number does not exist Aurora will generate a new system. If the number was already in use Aurora creates a new jump link to the old system.  If the system is already connected to the rolled number, Aurora re-rolls. I don't know what will happen if you create a game where the maximum number of systems is smaller than the number of jump points in a single system.

If you want a game with < 20 total systems you probably will want to create the universe manually in SM mode or else the cross connections will cause everything to end up only one or two jumps from everything else.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 05:03:35 PM by sublight »