Author Topic: Speed Controls  (Read 1425 times)

Offline Shipright (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
Speed Controls
« on: May 31, 2013, 05:38:01 PM »
How do I set a specific speed so that I can manage my thermal emissions?

I have also run into a problem where a ship jumped into a nebula system and had to go real slow, but now that is back in a normal system it still only moves at the allowed speed in the nebula.  It would be helpful to set its movement back to maximum speed.

Where would the speed controls be? I checked task force and individual ship screens but so far nothing!

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Speed Controls
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 05:52:46 PM »
Top left side of the F12 screen you should see speed controls. You can also set a conditional order "if speed < max, then set to max"

Offline Bgreman

• Lt. Commander
Re: Speed Controls
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 11:48:11 AM »
Top left side of the F12 screen you should see speed controls. You can also set a conditional order "if speed < max, then set to max"

Keep in mind what is, to me, the most annoying "bug" in Aurora right now:  If you make any changes to the composition of a task group (add a ship, remove a ship, transfer a ship, etc), the TG speed will reset to the max speed of the slowest ship in the Task Group.  There might be a reason you don't want your ships to be moving at top speed (masking their top speed from another race, for example), so this is important to keep in mind when moving ships between TGs.