Author Topic: Assigning Fighters to PDC's  (Read 1545 times)

Offline sonofliberty (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • s
Assigning Fighters to PDC's
« on: June 02, 2013, 06:28:44 AM »
I have finally gotten around to building PDCs to house my older fighters for defending backwater colonies. Even though I choose the target PDCs as "mothership" for the fighters, the maintenance costs for the fighters keeps going up. Am I missing something? I have hanger space for 24 fighters, but each PDC currently only has 12 fighters assigned to it. Also, how do I assign troops to a PDC?

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
Re: Assigning Fighters to PDC's
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 06:42:22 AM »
Have you given the fighters orders to land on their motherships after assigning them to the pdc's?

To assign troops to a pdc go to the troops tab of the colony screen and in the bottom right is a droip down that will let you move the troops into the pdc.

Offline sonofliberty (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • s
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 06:45:41 AM »
D'oh! Thanks, how did I overlook that.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 11:17:30 AM »
Related problem. How do you repair fighters once inside a PDC?

I designed my fighters without any capacity to carry maintenance supplies on their own ship since I figure that would slow them down and they should never be more then a day away from Base/Carrier.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 11:45:45 AM »
Through the individual ship/fighter damage control.  They are supposed to draw supplies from the mothership, should do the same for a PDC.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley