Other Games > Beyond the Stars!

Map Style

<< < (3/3)

Þórgrímr:

--- Quote from: Haegan2005 on February 07, 2013, 07:25:59 PM ---I admit I prefer the squares as i can estimate distances easy(i know, i'm weird), but I am so used to the hex that it is difficult to imagine using anything else. I guess that is from too many Battletech and starfleet battles games!

--- End quote ---

Lol, yep. When I first saw a Cartesian Map I thought how weird! Growing up with Traveller and all of those board games to me a Hex Grid came natural. However, as I got older and became more interested in astronomy, I came to see the beauty in a well-done Cartesian Map.  :)

Cheers, Thor

interstellarshadow:
I believe that a cartesian map would work the best here, as you would be measuring actual distance, and as you said, the hex map would distort items.

Þórgrímr:

--- Quote from: interstellarshadow on February 14, 2013, 02:36:51 PM ---I believe that a cartesian map would work the best here, as you would be measuring actual distance, and as you said, the hex map would distort items.

--- End quote ---

Interstellarshadow, and everybody else who contributed their opinion and vote, it looks like we will be using both styles of maps.  ;D

The Cartesian Map will be the FTL map, while the Hex Map will be the Apollonian Gate Map.  :)

Interstellarshadow, thank you for your input.

Cheers, Thor

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version