Author Topic: Update on Progress  (Read 254592 times)

Offline razanon

• Petty Officer
  • r
Re: Update on Progress
« Reply #510 on: March 14, 2020, 04:26:31 AM »
Thx a lot for creating that game, Steve.
Steve, can you free your game now? at this state? here in Spain just called the "State of Alarm" and having your game to spend that 15 days enclosed at home, will be like a cure.

:)

No, its not ready yet. I've just spent a week in the UK collecting my new motorhome, so I need to run my new campaign, test diplomacy, create an install program and get the obfuscation working in the new two weeks.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 04:30:14 AM by razanon »

Offline Marski

• Commander
« Reply #511 on: March 14, 2020, 05:12:04 AM »
Try not to get infected fam.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #512 on: March 14, 2020, 03:32:07 PM »
Its like being a kid again, waiting for Christmas to happen... It will come when its time... Like Santa!  ;D
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #513 on: March 16, 2020, 05:57:48 AM »
I just fired up VB6 Aurora to check something, which I haven't done for a while. It feels incredibly slow and clumsy compared to C#. I can't click-drag the map, I can't use mouse-wheel zoom, windows actually load rather than open instantly. I hadn't realised just how much an improvement C# is in terms of simple usability.

The following users thanked this post: vorpal+5, Kristover, Jorgen_CAB, QuakeIV, Zincat, Xtrem532, mpf0214, jonw, Vizzy, BigBacon

Offline roug

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • r
« Reply #514 on: March 16, 2020, 06:21:10 AM »
This is music for my ears!

There are no games i am looking more forward to than this c# game!

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #515 on: March 16, 2020, 07:29:18 AM »
I just fired up VB6 Aurora to check something, which I haven't done for a while. It feels incredibly slow and clumsy compared to C#. I can't click-drag the map, I can't use mouse-wheel zoom, windows actually load rather than open instantly. I hadn't realised just how much an improvement C# is in terms of simple usability.

That kind of teasing is just mean.  :(

By the way, with everything going on at the moment are your caravanning plans going ahead at the end of the month?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 07:31:57 AM by Tikigod »
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #516 on: March 16, 2020, 07:31:13 AM »

It was meant as good news :)

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #517 on: March 16, 2020, 07:33:45 AM »

It was meant as good news :)

For those not playing VB6 maybe. Otherwise it's just mean hearing about how much better something is over what we're playing. hehe  ;D

Kidding aside, it is good to hear the change is so apparant.
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #518 on: March 16, 2020, 11:14:05 PM »

Yes Santa, yes. Now stop teasing us!! I bought yet another Steam game yesterday, but to no avail. I need Aurora C# !!

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #519 on: March 17, 2020, 06:38:51 AM »
Steve, can you free your game now? at this state? here in Spain just called the "State of Alarm" and having your game to spend that 15 days enclosed at home, will be like a cure.

No, its not ready yet. I've just spent a week in the UK collecting my new motorhome, so I need to run my new campaign, test diplomacy, create an install program and get the obfuscation working in the new two weeks.
Did you get back before the mandatory quarantine for everyone travelling to the Island? I'm not sure which answer would be preferable. :P

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #520 on: March 17, 2020, 06:55:31 AM »

Did you get back before the mandatory quarantine for everyone travelling to the Island? I'm not sure which answer would be preferable. :P

Yes, we got back on Friday. Quarantine starts today. However, I have just moved to working from home full time from today anyway. I normally just use my work laptop when working at home, but as I am now doing it full time our facilities department is going to deliver my office-based computer equipment to my home.

The following users thanked this post: BigBacon

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #521 on: March 19, 2020, 03:17:35 PM »
I've updated the medal window to include an abbreviation column. Commanders will be displayed where appropriate with the medal abbreviations following their name. For those medals that you don't want in the list, such as campaign medals, just leave the field blank.

The following users thanked this post: serger

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #522 on: March 20, 2020, 06:35:52 AM »
I've updated the medal window to include an abbreviation column. Commanders will be displayed where appropriate with the medal abbreviations following their name. For those medals that you don't want in the list, such as campaign medals, just leave the field blank.

How goes the underlining prep work for the distributable?

Everything still looking good for the rough target of a week or so from now?

• Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #523 on: March 20, 2020, 06:59:00 AM »

How goes the underlining prep work for the distributable?

Everything still looking good for the rough target of a week or so from now?

I haven't even looked at the exe yet. My plan is to keep testing and tweaking up to Friday next week, then spend the weekend creating and testing the install and doing the obfuscation.

The following users thanked this post: Kristover, QuakeIV, JacenHan, ZekeNY, mpf0214, Tikigod, BigBacon

Offline Kof

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
« Reply #524 on: March 20, 2020, 11:54:02 AM »
This is getting really exciting now.... Can't wait for release!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Steve.