Author Topic: The first 35 years  (Read 1369 times)

Offline James McGuire (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • J
The first 35 years
« on: November 12, 2010, 11:56:15 PM »
Well 35 years have now passed in my first game of Aurora. I have established a colony, multiple mining bases, a network of jumpgates that may prove to have been a bad idea, witnessed the development of my first commercial space line, the careers of multiple officers, awarded medals, created a navy of 16 fine destroyers which just got rendered pathetically obsolete by the latest sensor data from my now dead scout and overall spent an incredible amount of my spare time fiddling around and thinking about fleet designs.

The experience so far has been fantastic and I can only expect it to get better from here so I would just like to say thank you Steve  :).

The only issue I have really had so far (once I got everything working), is the fact that the preferred alien greeting seems to be the slowly expanding cloud of atoms that was once one of my ships.

Unfortunately for me this means I am already at war with the only two alien races that I have met and my economy is stretched to the limit to provide enough tonnage for a defense.

Also my latest scout just got killed by 14 strength 12 nuclear detonations coming in on missiles travelling at 57,002 Km/s :o which is near 30,000 Km/s faster than my current generation of AMMs and I'm not sure how much more speed I can stretch out of the old designs :-\ .

So in short if the Altier aliens decide to be expansive I'm not sure how much I'm going to be able to do.

Oh well, my technology level is already high enough to thrash the other alien race so I'll just go take my frustrations out on them ;D

In short brilliant game and one I look forwards to playing a lot more!

Offline randal7

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • r
Re: The first 35 years
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 08:04:22 AM »
There are peaceful aliens as well. In my current game I discovered aliens in a system next-door to Sol. I flew my survey ship right up to their home planet and they did not fire at me with their huge fleet as I admired their homeworld that had an EM/thermal signature over twice that of Earth.

Needless to say, I restarted from an earlier save.