Author Topic: Star Control 2 Game Setup  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Xkill (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Star Control 2 Game Setup
« on: March 02, 2011, 07:39:15 PM »
Have anyone tried to make a Campaign based in the the remake of Star Control 2: Star Control 2 The Ur-Urquan Masters? (I Don't actually think it's a Remake, I never played 1, 2 or even 3; but in the Urquan Masters homepage, I think I heard something about a Remake. )

Like in a History based on Alliance of Free Stars where they never got defeated nad got some new guys to help 'em? Or In the skin of the Ur-quan, trying to defeat the Alliance of Free Stars and then enslave everybody up?

I was wondering if I could make one based on these settings but I'm not sure; I'm not "Old" in the Aurora Universe, and I would probably have to take control of + 7 races at once and I'm not very experienced yet, but I think it would be entertaining.

What do you guys think about it?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Star Control 2 Game Setup
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 08:33:35 PM »
The biggest issue you will face is needing to play all races by yourself if you want complete control/knowledge of their happenings. Once you mark a race as NPR, you no longer have any control over it what-so-ever.

Controlling 7+ races can be a challenge, as each time increment, you'd need to inspect each race and make sure that what they are doing is what you want.

Offline Adamfostas

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 08:15:46 AM »
Star Control 2 has a completely different method of FTL, so it wouldn't really be comparable.  Which is a shame, as I love SC2 and would like to play a strategy game based on the universe.  *frumple*

Offline Xkill (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 10:29:40 PM »
Well, it would be hard at first, 'cause we can only use one military ship, and having to configure every race will be boring and time-consuming but whe can arrange some kind of system you know?

I think the most fun ship to work with would be the Earthling Cruiser and the Zok-Fot-Pik Stinger, however the later would only be a fighter or a FAC.  And also having the free time to build up some stand alone story would consume too much time that we could be using on something else.