Author Topic: Semi-Official 7.x Suggestion Thread  (Read 173904 times)

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
Re: Semi-Official 7.0 Suggestion Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2015, 04:34:22 AM »
Thanks a lot for the changes to civilian shipping lines, Steve. I think I'll ask another thing if I can.

I like to live in interesting neighborhoods. Unfortunately my first 7.1 game is so... terribly... terribly... empty.

21 systems, 0 NPRs, 0 ruins, 0 anomalies,   0 swarms   just a single precursor controlled system far away . There's almost no reason at all, except for minerals, to leave home! I know I can change the NPR by adjusting the NPR generation chance, but all the rest I cannot.

I was wondering, I don't know how your system generation algorithm works. However, could we have a paramenter to choose at start to influence the other things? Say, a number in the 1-5 or 1-10 scale or whatever to set in the beginning that multiplies the generation chances of ruins, anomalies,   swarms and precursors ? So if we want a universe in which those things are, say, 5 times more common, we can.

Also, could it be that the emptiness now is due to the NPR not generating other NPRs because of the bug in 7.1 which you corrected? This one  http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8144.msg83925#msg83925

EDIT: a specification. Because of how the map came out, those 21 systems are basically anything in a radius of 5 jumps. If I want to hope finding anything at all of interest, I must hope for systems 5-6 jumps away or more. Unfortunately, a lot of arms turned out to be dead ends, or looping back...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 04:51:13 AM by Zincat »

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2015, 08:50:46 AM »
I've added the ruin chance to the game and game setup windows. It is normally 20% for any terrestrial world, terrestrial moon or small terrestrial moon with gravity > 0.4G and temperature between 200K and 360K (about -73C to +87C).

The following users thanked this post: Tor Cha

Offline Erik L (OP)

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2015, 09:17:31 AM »
Programmable mines.

Such as "Fire at first hostile contact", "Wait 60 seconds on hostile contact, if still there then fire", etc.

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2015, 01:31:53 PM »
I've added the ruin chance to the game and game setup windows. It is normally 20% for any terrestrial world, terrestrial moon or small terrestrial moon with gravity > 0.4G and temperature between 200K and 360K (about -73C to +87C).

Thank you a lot Steve :) That really helps

Offline CharonJr

• Lt. Commander
  • C
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2015, 02:32:26 PM »
A button to award a medal to all officers of a taskforce would be nice, just had to look up/award 40 single officers to give them a campaign ribbon.

Offline MagusXIX

• Lieutenant
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2016, 05:26:55 AM »
When a character who has an assignment dies, there should be an interrupt.  Oftentimes a colony governor or team member will die, leaving the colony ungoverned or the team short a member and I won't notice until way too late.  Maybe it could work like unused research labs: "The colony at Venus does not have a governor." or "Geological Survey Team does not have 5 members."  The general problem being that some personnel deaths are important enough to warrant an interrupt so that the player knows that something needs to be fixed, while the majority of officer deaths (particularly unassigned officers) aren't worth noting.  This applies mostly to assignments that aren't automatically replaced by the auto-assign system.

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2016, 05:37:22 AM »
When a character who has an assignment dies, there should be an interrupt.  Oftentimes a colony governor or team member will die, leaving the colony ungoverned or the team short a member and I won't notice until way too late.  Maybe it could work like unused research labs: "The colony at Venus does not have a governor." or "Geological Survey Team does not have 5 members."  The general problem being that some personnel deaths are important enough to warrant an interrupt so that the player knows that something needs to be fixed, while the majority of officer deaths (particularly unassigned officers) aren't worth noting.  This applies mostly to assignments that aren't automatically replaced by the auto-assign system.

I say yes only to important assignments. That is:
- Governors
- Diplomatic /xenobiology/espionage teams
- Task force commanders

Anything else most assuredly does not deserve an interrupt. I have around 100 geosurvey teams around the galaxy later in the game, I couldn't care less if one officer dies or not...

Offline Ostia

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • O
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2016, 08:24:36 AM »
Request:

Can the Build and Load Time Box moved to the right side of the Class Design Screen? They disappear when using Reduced Height Windows., which makes Freighter/Troop  Design a bit hard.
The same goes for the Show Civilian Designs Box.

Quoting my own request from 6.43, because it still annoys me. Or alternatively put them into the (Brief) Class Summary.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2016, 10:39:23 AM »
Programmable mines.

Such as "Fire at first hostile contact", "Wait 60 seconds on hostile contact, if still there then fire", etc.

The only command I need is "don't fire if more then X missiles is already en-route to target", similar to the automated AMM launches. Or a logic that spreads out launches on all ships in a task-force evenly.

Would make mines tons of useful and lethal.

Offline illrede

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • i
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2016, 12:42:19 PM »
Request:

"Stable" and "Source of Colonists" being unlocked for all population levels on Civilian Colonization Status, not kicking in only when population hits 25 million.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2016, 12:52:48 PM »
Request:

"Stable" and "Source of Colonists" being unlocked for all population levels on Civilian Colonization Status, not kicking in only when population hits 25 million.

The 25m pop level is so the civilians have some independence. If you could set stable and source for all colonies, the civilians would effectively just be your ships.

Offline illrede

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • i
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2016, 01:45:56 PM »
The 25m pop level is so the civilians have some independence. If you could set stable and source for all colonies, the civilians would effectively just be your ships.

The matter that I ran into was with population sites utilizing UI; they just kept unloading colonists and there was no feasible way to keep them from dying.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2016, 02:07:37 PM »
The matter that I ran into was with population sites utilizing UI; they just kept unloading colonists and there was no feasible way to keep them from dying.

Sounds like a bug. I'll take a look.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2016, 06:09:04 PM »
It would be pretty cool to see some crude WW2 inspired weapons for the Carrier bombers, and for us that loves to make Spaceships heavily inspired by WW2 designs (like destroyers that can close range and launch torpedoes).

External Mount:
- Works similar to a box launcher but more crude and volatile.
- Can be researched directly for 500 RP and mount either normal missiles, or the two weapon systems below. If they are hit then whatever is loaded also automatically explodes.
- Has x0.20 size multiplier instead of x0.15 for boxlaunchers.

Inertial Bomb:
- This weapon can be launched from missile launchers or External Mounts, and inherits the vehicles speed, so it will naturally have low hit chances and be fairly useless on agile targets.
- Ranged is capped at Missile agility tech * 2000km ( starting tech of 32 agility per MSP = 64000 km range )
- Very cheap to make compared to missiles ( 1/10:th cost ), makes it the ideal weapon to hit stationary targets with.
- Designed similar to missiles and use upgrades for missile warhead, but without possibility to add guidance or engine ( the guidance systems on the ship launch it automatically at the target ).
- Is impossible to intercept (with PD or AMMs) after launched, only chance is to shoot down the bombers!
- Same hit-chance calculation as missiles have.

Transnewtonian Torpedo:
- This weapon can be launched from missile launchers or External Mounts.
- Designed just like missiles and use upgrades for missile warhead, but it's can only use Missile engines without engine multiplier (making them slow)
- Double chance of shock damage, makes it the ideal weapon to hit slow, big and heavily armored targets with.
- Cheaper then missiles to make  (1/5:th cost )
- Ranged is capped at Missile agility tech * 2000km ( starting tech of 32 agility per MSP = 64000 km range )
- Is impossible to intercept (with PD or AMMs) after launched, only chance is to shoot down the vehicle launching platform!
- Same hit-chance calculation as missiles have.

Both of these weapons are also great at finishing off crippled and stationary targets or going after the enemies commercial targets with.
Gameplay wise they are aimed at making fighters work better early game too ( before you can afford to pour 22000 RP into unlocking the box launchers, and an almost equal amount to get decent engine power multiplier ).
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 06:15:45 PM by alex_brunius »

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2016, 06:28:17 PM »
While I am not fond of the above idea, they did make me wonder if something is possible in Aurora. We already have shock damage, but is it possible to have shock damage that extends over a large area? If that is possible how about a space depth charge? A missile you target at a WP when it detonates it creates a large shockwave that while not doing vast amounts of damage, it will at least suddenly show up on the system map as an energy impact. Thereby revealing sneaky snips you may not have detected?