Author Topic: "Error 3201 was generated by DAO.recordset."  (Read 19808 times)

Offline ThunderRush

• Leading Rate
  • T
Re: "Error 3201 was generated by DAO.recordset."
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2014, 12:21:11 PM »
So, on the Danger of reviving a dead thread, or missing a fix for the problem:

I am still having the issues with NPRPropPlanning DAO 3201 error.       I tested around for a while now.     

Manual Installation
Manual Installation + Patch 6.      20
Manual Installation + Patch 6.      30
Full Installaton 6.      30
Portable 6.      21
Portable 6.      20

All those create the same error message when going ahead 5 or 30 days.     

Portable 6.      21
Portable 6.      30

Those do not create that error message when I play with no NPR factions.       Which, considering the error message, is obvious.     

So what am I missing here? Has anybody tried adding NPR after the game starts, and if that works, how do I do that?

PS: All the instructions have been followed i.      e.       administrator, setting the decimal seperator to a point and the thousand seperator to a space.     

e: Also I am not sure if this really should go into the specific bug threads before really, it is broken in every version on multiple PCs I tried on.     
Except for one where it works like a charm.     

e2: If I can help in any way with fixing that issue, please do tell me.     Oh and btw, after I tested to add another NPR via SM.    .    .    same error.   

e3: More testing.   
So, on a completely fresh installation of Windows 7 - with nothing installed execpt Chrome, Graphics Driver, Flash, Java and WinRar, using the Full Installation 6.   21.   .   .   it seems to work like a charm.   

e4: Ughhhhh
It seems conventional start does not seem to work at all.   It works just fine with the TN game, however.   I am fresh out of ideas, sorry. 

e5: Can it really be?
So, I may be that it doesn't work becuase becuase I always force quit the New Game windows after the first press on okay? Could it really be that simple and stupid? I always do that because the windows stops responding.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:13:25 AM by ThunderRush »

Offline sneer

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2015, 02:30:45 PM »
It seems I have got a problem after upgrading to 7.0
previous versions were never a problem so general settings are old godd non error ones

error with following text on new system/race creation

text errors following
error in ship creation
error in add ship history
error in filling magazines

lots of windows
1st such error / race had  no ships and no industry no recearch lab

Offline Kinnas

• Leading Rate
  • K
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2016, 07:41:13 AM »
I'm getting this error in a conventional start under 7. 1.  Started about 15 years into the game, and doesn't happen every update - seems to be fairly random when it occurs, and when it happens it's giving the message three times (3 identical messageboxes in a row. ) There's no visible reason for it, and it doesn't seem to have affected anything that I can see (the game continues without obvious issue. ) The exact error text is:

Error 3201 was generated by DAO. Recordset
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'TechSystem'.

I started with the 'no missile bases' option, if that still matters, and this is all running as admin in a dir which shouldn't be an issue anyway (c:\games\aurora) on Win7 64 if that matters also.

Offline AbuDhabi

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2016, 07:43:58 AM »
I'm getting this error in a conventional start under 7. 1.  Started about 15 years into the game, and doesn't happen every update - seems to be fairly random when it occurs, and when it happens it's giving the message three times (3 identical messageboxes in a row. ) There's no visible reason for it, and it doesn't seem to have affected anything that I can see (the game continues without obvious issue. ) The exact error text is:

Error 3201 was generated by DAO. Recordset
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'TechSystem'.

I started with the 'no missile bases' option, if that still matters, and this is all running as admin in a dir which shouldn't be an issue anyway (c:\games\aurora) on Win7 64 if that matters also.

Did you start conventional?

Offline Kinnas

• Leading Rate
  • K
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2016, 07:48:24 AM »
Yep, conventional (non-TN) start.

Offline AbuDhabi

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2016, 07:52:05 AM »
It's probably your civilians trying to launch ships, but failing because the tech that they require (like cryogenic transport modules, cargo handling systems, etc) are not researched yet. So they launch ships which are useless. And you get the error.

Offline Kinnas

• Leading Rate
  • K
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2016, 07:59:50 AM »
Ahhhh that may very well be right! The first civilian shipping line established itself a few years ago, and has recently started launching some ships.  So the errors might be the failures before it figures a workable design? It certainly seems to fit. 

Offline AbuDhabi

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2016, 08:03:09 AM »
You should develop basic tech ASAP - stuff like the aforementioned cryo pods, handling systems, etc. Stuff colony ships and freighters need. Otherwise they will continue to launch crippled ships.

Offline Kinnas

• Leading Rate
  • K
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2016, 08:08:32 AM »
Yeah, I'm getting there!  :P

It's my first game as a conventional start, and only having 5 research labs, prioritizing is. . . .  difficult.  It's a learning process.

Offline AbuDhabi

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2016, 08:12:14 AM »
It's best to avoid founding any colonies before you have a grip on your economy and your tech, in conventional starts.

Offline Kinnas

• Leading Rate
  • K
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2016, 08:16:39 AM »
Aye, that's a part of the aforementioned learning process!  ;)

Offline stamasd

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2016, 07:20:22 AM »
Getting this error (well many instances of it) in version 7.10, conventional start with no missile bases. I'm about 13 years into the game, just made a fleet of fighters (still waiting for carriers to be built) and I just filled the fighter launchers with missiles. The error started popping out immediately after I did that, on the next time increment. The title of the error window is "Error in FillShipMagazine" with extra text in the error window "you cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'Ship'"

Also interspersed with the above I get occasionally the same error but with title "error in CreateShip" with the extra text "you cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'Fleet'"

All of the fighters are still in task group "new fighters-earth" as they were when built. I didn't move them to another fleet.

A few turns back I filled the magazines of some missile destroyers, and it didn't generate any errors.

This has thoroughly broken my game as I can't get rid of the errors no matter how many of them I click through (I clicked through them for about 5 minutes; at about 3 clicks/second, 300 seconds=approx 900 clicks), I can't get the time to advance, can't even quit the game.

(update) I used Task manager to kill the Aurora process, made a copy of the database, deleted the .lck file and restarted the game. The error doesn't appear anymore, but all of my freighters had their orders canceled and I had to issue fresh orders to every single one. The fighters appear to be OK. At least I can continue the game now.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 07:30:35 AM by stamasd »

Offline Michael Sandy

• Commodore
  • M
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2017, 04:45:07 PM »
Ugh.  I can't start a game, I can't delete a game.  I can't even reinstall the game it seems.  I tried changing the commander names, I tried no missile bases, none of the tips above work.

Obviously I need to start over, but I get errors every time I try to reinstall.

Offline s20dan

• Leading Rate
  • s
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2017, 09:23:45 AM »
I've lost 3 recent games to this bug now.   
 In fact I have never managd to get very far into a game since release of 7.  1. 

Generally what happens to me is I am able to start a new game and play without errors, however once I quit and come back to the game the error starts, making my save games unusable. 

EDIT://

I figured out what was causing this particular error on my copy:
 If you delete the example game in the database, these errors appear on any new game you have saved.  Whereas if you leave the example game in the database, the errors should not appear.

It sounds ridiculous but it is reproducable on my end.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 09:54:15 AM by s20dan »

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2017, 02:10:26 PM »
I always delete the example game and have never encountered that problem. Something is fishy with your database, I would surmise.