Author Topic: v5.56/v5.60 Official Bugs Thread  (Read 64471 times)

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
Re: v5.56/v5.60 Official Bugs Thread
« Reply #435 on: October 08, 2012, 11:51:45 AM »
I have a couple of new bugs I haven’t seen before in v5.6. In the 69th year of the game I am now getting multiple (between 14 and >40) of this error following every 5-day increment.

Code: [Select]
Error in Check ForRuins
Error 3421 was generated by DAO.field
Data type conversion error
Please report to http://aurora2.pentarch etc.

Since this error message started I now get this error every time I try and create a team, any team;
Error in cmdTeam_Click
This second error seems related to the first error message. I have tried compacting the data base to no effect.
I would appreciate any solutions as the database is the one I use for my current AAR. It does not appear to be just the player race as I have also seen Error in CreateNPRTeam.

Error in CreateNPRTeam

Ian
IanD

Offline hubgbf

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • h
« Reply #436 on: October 08, 2012, 01:14:27 PM »
Well, it's not in the bugs thread because it isn't a bug. The game is designed to run smaller increments when something is happening. However, its seems odd that you have had 5 second increments for an hour. Could you switch on SM mode and look in the events log (Ctrl-F3) to see what is causing the short increments?

Steve

The exact message is (exported on txt file) :
28th January 2090 13:41:01,SM Only,System 0,Increment length adjusted due to imminent action. This may involve two NPRs fighting.

The problem start on : 28th January 2090 12:32:31
It ended  on 28th January 2090 14:40:36  with:
28th January 2090 14:40:36   Precursors   Duongtuyenv   Strength 1 Nuclear Detonation x6 detected!

After this evenment, I got 2 minutes increment as demanded for, then more.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #437 on: October 08, 2012, 01:42:36 PM »
The exact message is (exported on txt file) :
28th January 2090 13:41:01,SM Only,System 0,Increment length adjusted due to imminent action. This may involve two NPRs fighting.

The problem start on : 28th January 2090 12:32:31
It ended  on 28th January 2090 14:40:36  with:
28th January 2090 14:40:36   Precursors   Duongtuyenv   Strength 1 Nuclear Detonation x6 detected!

After this evenment, I got 2 minutes increment as demanded for, then more.

Precursors are fighting someone.

Offline Scandinavian

• Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #438 on: October 08, 2012, 04:33:33 PM »
[Edit: Nevermind: Other people already reported this one (missile base reload spam due to missing ICBM designs)]

A minor bug with the display settings: In the system view, the "Dwarf Planets" tickbox under "Names" does nothing - display of dwarf planet names is toggled by the "Planets" tickbox, along with the proper planets. The dwarf planet orbital path tickbox works as advertised.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 04:41:41 PM by Scandinavian »

Offline hubgbf

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • h
« Reply #439 on: October 10, 2012, 10:57:53 AM »
Precursors are fighting someone.

That was my thinking too for the first 200 5-sec increments. For the next 200 5-sec increments, I started to doubt more and more seriously. And the next 200 5-sec increment I became more and more bored to death IRL, so I decided to kill these mines, and immediately the increments became free again.

What is the probability for 2 other NPR fighting from exactly the time I pass near the mines, for near 1 hour, i.e. 720 5-sec increments, and stop the exact moment when I shot the mines?

Offline peskyninja

• Leading Rate
  • p
« Reply #440 on: October 12, 2012, 07:42:25 AM »
I've enganged combat with hostile alien ships, launched a missile salvo on them and after one of them was destroyed, the missiles keep searching for another target (the rest of his armada is out of the missiles EM/THRML sensors) and I  believe this is causing a massive spam of overflow errors.

Error in CheckMissileDetectionRange
Error 6 was generated by aurora
Overflow.

Offline Bgreman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #441 on: January 15, 2013, 12:07:07 PM »
My SA LP is still running 5.6, and I've noticed that the intelligence entries for a ship don't get updated when they are refit to a new class.  Individual contacts are not moved to the proper entry on the Tactical Intelligence tab of the Intelligence and Foreign Relations window.

I.e., all the Federation's Moskva corvettes were refit to Moskva 31 corvettes, but were still listed under the Moskva entry.

I tried to rectify this by just deleting the class in the Tactical Intelligence after I had refit the last member, but that just made the label for all the contacts become blank, both ont he System map and in the event window.  The ships were not redetected under the new class.

I managed to fix it by manually fiddling with the DB (had to re-add the ships to the AlienShips table and modify the ShipClass of the entry in the Contacts table for each one.  However that did lose my "last contact" information for all of them, but I can live with this.

Offline Maharava

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #442 on: March 12, 2013, 06:01:48 AM »
I have a strange bug. Every single system, every one of them, apart from Sol is named Luyten 1305-10. They're all unique.
There's ten systems in this game but I did tell it to not use real stars. It's an odd one, fixed by simply renaming them (which doesn't work for me atm due to a missing class file thingy) and it's only real downside is making it nigh-impossible to co-ordinate fleets between systems easily lol
Australia, home of the over-paid minion

I play Eve! Message Suzanne Winters for a friend :D

Offline Bgreman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #443 on: March 15, 2013, 05:40:43 PM »
Cross-posting from this thread.

The display of passive sensor range rings still uses an exponential model:

Edit: I just ran some more tests that convince me the detection routine itself is working properly (detection range = planetary_sensor_strength * num_DSTS * 1000 * target_thermal_signature).  I took a hostile TG, figured out how far it was from the location of the DSTS, and then adjusted its speed until it disappeared / reappeared on sensors, which happened at the range given by the above formula.  It looks like only the display of the range rings is wrong.  Which is annoying, but less annoying than if the detection routine was bugged.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 06:00:41 PM by Bgreman »