Author Topic: v5.56/v5.60 Official Bugs Thread  (Read 65272 times)

Offline scvn2812

• Chief Petty Officer
  • s
Re: v5.56/v5.60 Official Bugs Thread
« Reply #285 on: June 22, 2012, 12:48:36 PM »
I believe I've reported this before but it may be worth a reminder:

Ships will randomly take damage from no apparent source that slows their top speed down. These ships do not appear in the "ships requiring repair" tab. The class in question needs a new sensor suite so I should be able to refit my way out of the issue when the time comes.

Offline andrea69

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #286 on: June 22, 2012, 01:29:32 PM »
I just began using tugs to move OH, and found that the fuel consumption of tugs does not depend on the tractored ship mass. I needed several months to move the OH to Mercury, but fuel consumption was irrelevant.

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #287 on: June 22, 2012, 02:40:14 PM »
I believe I've reported this before but it may be worth a reminder:

Ships will randomly take damage from no apparent source that slows their top speed down. These ships do not appear in the "ships requiring repair" tab. The class in question needs a new sensor suite so I should be able to refit my way out of the issue when the time comes.
I just had this the other day. I ended up deleting the ship and SMing in a new one to replace it.

Offline SamS

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
« Reply #288 on: June 22, 2012, 09:11:04 PM »
Quote from: SamS link=topic=4487. msg51025#msg51025 date=1340327704
I'm using a relatively new (18 months) Logitech Wave keyboard which has performed solidly since I've had it.   I might have another keyboard at home I can try, I will have to dig it out tonight. 

No macros, no stuck keys.   The issue comes up with different key strokes - the numpad, letter keys, number keys and arrow keys.   It has happened in multiple areas such as adjusting the number of auto turns on the system map, entering a name of a person in the officer screen, scrolling through systems on the task force screen etc. 

Well I tried an old keyboard and the game works no problem.  And now I've plugged my usual one back in and the problem is gone.  Everything working fine on keyboard inputs. 

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #289 on: June 22, 2012, 11:12:23 PM »
Well I tried an old keyboard and the game works no problem.  And now I've plugged my usual one back in and the problem is gone.  Everything working fine on keyboard inputs. 

Blame solar activity ;)

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #290 on: June 23, 2012, 12:01:10 AM »
I got a strange one, my survey ship is being attacked by three missile ships, they are lobbing 12 missiles a minute at me and when some get thrue, it hits my armour, but my shield stays intact? And now its gone from the event update, its on but doesn´t do anything...  :(
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 12:27:34 AM by ExChairman »
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Sebastian

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #291 on: June 24, 2012, 06:12:41 AM »
[Edit: I derped and posted this in the thread for ver.  5. 42 bugs, as thats where my search for this error brought me, i *moved* it here when I caught my mistake.  My apologies. ]

I have seen this listed for previous versions but may have missed if it was allegedly fixed. 

I am running version 5.  54 with the 5.  60 patch

I have created and deleted a few worlds as I am trying to learn and prefer to start again from scratch after I screw up quite a bit, I opened aurora, deleted previous game and went to create a game and got this after the Race Generation Complete box came up and I clicked ok to make it go away:

Error 3077 was generated by DAO.  Recordset
Syntax error (missing operator) in expression. 
Please report to hxxp: aurora2.  pentarch.  org/viewforum.  php?f=11

Which is an invalid address BTW :-P

the only changes made was giving asteroids orbital motion, amd setting Main empire theme to United States and commander Theme to United states, this is the first time I switched commander theme. 

had to use task manager to end Aurora process. 

upon reloading aurora game was there (but I deleted it cuz who knows what possible bugs are in it)

I created a new game without setting commander theme to United States and it worked ok, so the error may be in the commander theme?

Hope I help more than hinder. 

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
« Reply #292 on: June 25, 2012, 12:04:47 AM »
I just began using tugs to move OH, and found that the fuel consumption of tugs does not depend on the tractored ship mass. I needed several months to move the OH to Mercury, but fuel consumption was irrelevant.

Here's a link to the thread: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,4996.msg51137.html

This sounds an awful lot like a bug I recall reporting a while back, where the tug's max speed isn't being adjusted to take into account the tow when fuel consumption is calculated.  Details in my reply in the original thread.

John

Offline nikow

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • n
« Reply #293 on: June 25, 2012, 03:44:51 AM »
Error 6 Overflow
Some planets was generated too away from center.

Bugs are in Menchester System, it start showing when i sending some fleet to 'B' planets.
Link to my database: hxxp: nikow. q3k. org/Stevefire. mdb

(In my current game i deleted this System. )

Offline andrea69

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #294 on: June 25, 2012, 11:03:55 PM »
This sounds an awful lot like a bug I recall reporting a while back, where the tug's max speed isn't being adjusted to take into account the tow when fuel consumption is calculated.  Details in my reply in the original thread.

Read, thanks

Offline Zorbeltuss

• Leading Rate
  • Z
« Reply #295 on: June 26, 2012, 03:19:25 AM »
CIWS turrets are not affected by turret rotation gear when designing.

Offline Bgreman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #296 on: June 26, 2012, 03:22:19 PM »
A simple bug:  I've got a multi-faction Earth start going in my LP.  Both factions have already performed a preliminary (i.e., with geo sensors) survey of the moon.  If one of those factions then completes a geology team survey, both factions are treated as if they've completed the team survey as far as geological knowledge is concerned.  They both know about the total mineral amount, and they are both listed as having completed a team geological survey.  Only the team that actually completed the survey gets stat increases.  If no further finds are to be made, both teams will report this.

To sum up: Geological team survey results become instantly known to all factions who have a preliminary (scanner) survey completed.  I'd also presume that if another faction came along later and scanned the body with scanners, they'd also receive credit for a team survey for that body, but I haven't experimented with that.

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #297 on: June 26, 2012, 05:41:16 PM »
A simple bug:  I've got a multi-faction Earth start going in my LP.  Both factions have already performed a preliminary (i.e., with geo sensors) survey of the moon.  If one of those factions then completes a geology team survey, both factions are treated as if they've completed the team survey as far as geological knowledge is concerned.  They both know about the total mineral amount, and they are both listed as having completed a team geological survey.  Only the team that actually completed the survey gets stat increases.  If no further finds are to be made, both teams will report this.

To sum up: Geological team survey results become instantly known to all factions who have a preliminary (scanner) survey completed.  I'd also presume that if another faction came along later and scanned the body with scanners, they'd also receive credit for a team survey for that body, but I haven't experimented with that.
I'll hazard a guess as to why, but I'm not a programmer so take it with a pinch of salt - the base minerals of a body are generatedwhen the system is generated. So it doesn't matter when anyone comes along to orbitally scan it. But when a geosurvey team finds minerals, they are generated there and then, they are bonus minerals if you like. If all factions didn't get access to the geoteam results, you would end up with different mineral levels on each planet for different factions. It might require a reworking of the mechanics for maybe the first team to generate minerals, and subsequent teams to have a chance of "finding" those minerals, but then what would happen when two teams are surveying at the same time?

Although, IIRC, steve is planning to change those mechanics soon to having the geo-team-found deposits be generated with everything else, so this could probably be fixed at that point. It's certainly odd the way it is though.

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #298 on: June 28, 2012, 03:49:45 AM »
Error 3197

Using v5.56 I am receiving the following message which seems to relate to just 1 specific ship ( a Missile Frigate ) :-

Error in Updateshipdetails

Error 3197 was generated by DAO.Field

The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time.

The ship is part of a Task Group on its way to the Homeworld and then to be overhauled and refitted.

However I can find no reason for the error message being displayed.

DavidR
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 04:33:51 AM by davidr »

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #299 on: June 28, 2012, 04:29:32 PM »
When using the View Technology screen, there is a button for Renaming components. When clicking it, the prompt window is empty. I assume it should have the existing name? This leads to a problem as if you click Cancel, instead of returning to the original name, the component now has a blank name, prompting errors.