Author Topic: v5.56/v5.60 Official Bugs Thread  (Read 65073 times)

Offline aPPle

• Leading Rate
  • a
Re: v5.56/v5.60 Official Bugs Thread
« Reply #330 on: July 27, 2012, 03:13:05 PM »
Error in RefuelFromPop

Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow

v5.60

i have 5 billion fuel sitting. every time i build a ship or fighter it gives me an overload error and they have no fuel. also they cant refuel from the colony. is there a way to remove fuel or some other fix?

Offline Ziusudra

• Lt. Commander
  • Z
« Reply #331 on: July 27, 2012, 05:05:33 PM »
The "SM Mods" button on the F2 screen. "Fuel Reserves" second for the top on the right side.

Offline Cfant

• Leading Rate
  • C
« Reply #332 on: July 30, 2012, 06:26:46 AM »
Not sure if it's a bug.   On my desktop (using patch v.  5. 60), if I design a new ship, in the lower part the systems and tonnage is shown.   As soon as I build 2 or more of the same items (e.  g.   cargo), nothing is shown anymore.   Am I doing something wrong, or is it a bug?

Pictures: Bug1: I start to design, all is ok / Bug2: I choose cargo, drive, module.  .  .   whatever - no more specifics are shown. 

With my laptop at home everything is fine, it's just with the desktop (at work :D)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 07:53:35 AM by Cfant »

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #333 on: July 30, 2012, 10:41:20 PM »
On capturing an enemy held world, the AI's placed civilian contract demands(for two deep space tracking stations) stayed, and were transfered to my empire. I canceled them before they could be completed, but I assume that they'd have worked as normal.

Offline Trafalgar

• Leading Rate
  • T
« Reply #334 on: July 31, 2012, 05:03:41 AM »
This just showed up:

Error in DropOffColonists
Error 3021 was generated by DAO.  Field
No current record.    
Please report to [url of bugs forum]

.  .  .  not sure why image is not loading.  

Edit: Oh, I see.  Your forum is adding a space after every . , breaking the URL.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 08:51:44 AM by Erik Luken »

Offline Cfant

• Leading Rate
  • C
« Reply #335 on: July 31, 2012, 08:05:14 AM »
Deinstalled Aurora and made a new installation (this time 5. 54) - the problem remains.  (I put it in the 5. 60 thread, because I encountered the problem first at 5. 60).

Offline darkrider2

• Leading Rate
  • d
« Reply #336 on: July 31, 2012, 09:34:13 PM »
I encountered a weird bug in nebulae.  When a ship has enough armor to allow it to travel at maximum speed in a nebula, it will be displayed as traveling at 0 km/s, but they will still move around normally.

I SM'd a geosurvey ships armor down to 1, and it displayed the speed properly, whenever the ships armor was too low to allow it to travel at its maximum speed, the speed would be displayed properly.  But at maximum it will be displayed as 0 km/s.

I raised its armor back up to 4 and it displayed 0 km/s.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #337 on: August 01, 2012, 03:42:37 AM »
Not sure if it's a bug.   On my desktop (using patch v.  5. 60), if I design a new ship, in the lower part the systems and tonnage is shown.   As soon as I build 2 or more of the same items (e.  g.   cargo), nothing is shown anymore.   Am I doing something wrong, or is it a bug?

Pictures: Bug1: I start to design, all is ok / Bug2: I choose cargo, drive, module.  .  .   whatever - no more specifics are shown. 

With my laptop at home everything is fine, it's just with the desktop (at work :D)

I think someone else recently reported this and it was due to regional settings on their PC. Are you using US or UK regional settings? If not, could you try switching to them and see if it makes any difference?

Steve

Offline Cfant

• Leading Rate
  • C
« Reply #338 on: August 01, 2012, 06:28:28 AM »
Thanks.  I had originally changed the .  and , issue, but seems that was not enough.  Changing all regional components helped.  Thanks a lot!

Offline fflaguna

• Chief Petty Officer
  • f
« Reply #339 on: August 04, 2012, 03:44:30 AM »
Version 5. 60, 5. 56, and probably previous versions.

Bug: Supply ships create maintenance supplies from thin-air when "resupplying" other ships, and don't subtract the supplies from their own stores.
Desired behavior: When a supply ship "resupplies" another ship, the maintenance supplies given should be subtracted from the supply ship's current MSP stores.
Observed behavior The supplies are magically created and given to the ship being resupplied, and they are not subtracted from the supply ship's own MSP stores.  This means one supply ship could resupply an unlimited number of ships with maintenance supplies forever.
Extra: Unlike resupply operations, refueling operations work as intended.  When using the "refuel" command, fuel is properly accounted for.

Just a couple images illustrating this. There are *no* maintenance supplies at this planet. I progressed the game by 5 seconds after issuing the "Resupply from TG" command:

Before: http://i.imgur.com/C8PXa.png
After: http://i.imgur.com/b7SK9.png

As you can see, even the resupply ship itself (the "Firefly Tanker" class at the top) has its MSP completed resupplied out of thin air. This happens even far away from planets in deep space with no other TGs around.

I'm not like a big stickler or grognard, but to me it affects immersion to a great extent. With the new crew morale and tour lengths coming in the new version, this seems like something that would fit right in with this.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 03:51:30 AM by fflaguna »

Offline Taalen

• Leading Rate
  • T
« Reply #340 on: August 04, 2012, 03:09:47 PM »
First of all, quote of the same bug from the 5. 50 bug report thread:

Quote from: TheDeadlyShoe
I had a 3000 km/s grav scout discover a Class III Black Hole.  It had a displayed speed of 0 km/s.  I ordered it to go back through the warp point and did a 5 second increment.  The game gave an overflow error, and the scout immediately teleported to the center of the black hole, and has stayed there since.  Oo

I just had the exact same thing happen to me in 5. 60, except it was  2000km/s ship and a Class II black hole.  Speed displayed at 0km/s, immediately ordered to jump back, small time increment, overflow error and scout appearing at the top of the black hole.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #341 on: August 05, 2012, 12:18:18 PM »
Error 6 in GetMaxPotentialSensorRange. Only when the increments shrink down to 5 seconds, I assume a spoiler ship is responsible. playing around with the SM designs for craft that I think might be causing this doesn't really seem to do anything.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 01:31:59 PM by Nathan_ »

Offline Thorgarth

• Chief Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #342 on: August 05, 2012, 01:48:53 PM »
Receiving the same Eroor in GetMaxPotentialSensor Range  Error 6 was generated by Aurora  Overflow.
My subpulses very in length.

Offline Zook

• Commander
« Reply #343 on: August 05, 2012, 07:33:44 PM »
(5.   60, fresh install, on WinXP)

My game is in 2039 now, default scenario settings, only a dozen ships (mostly doing nothing), a few civilians carrying stuff to Mars.    I've never left the Sol system, never met any aliens.   30-day turns took a few seconds to calculate.   

Suddenly the game hogged 99% CPU for an hour or more, until I remembered checking the database.   I then watched it slowly grow from 1 to 1.   8 GB, at which point my harddrive was full.   Then Aurora threw lots of errors saying "Harddrive full" in "UpdateGameLog".    I had to kill the process. 

Restarted the game, compacted the DB, then ran another 30-day turn.   It gave me an error (which I unfortunately didn't write down) about being unable to "create design". 

A few turns later, my first mining ship (designed a year ago) was launched:

Code: [Select]
Jersey class Asteroid Miner    17,050 tons     348 Crew     489 BP      TCS 341  TH 100  EM 0
293 km/s     Armour 1-59     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
MSP 18    Max Repair 120 MSP
Asteroid Miner: 3 module(s) producing 36 tons per mineral per annum

Nuclear Pulse Engine E1 Commercial (1)    Power 100    Fuel Use 10%    Signature 100    Armour 0    Exp 1%
Fuel Capacity 50,000 Litres    Range 52.7 billion km   (2083 days at full power)

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

It seems to work fine, though.  Are there any snotty-faced aliens trying to design something they can't?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 07:51:05 PM by Zook »

Offline Kirkegaard

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
« Reply #344 on: August 06, 2012, 12:45:43 PM »
5. 6 on Win XP (Virtual)
Trying to delete a colony that should be emty:

Error in cmdDelete_Click
Error 3240 was generated by DAO. Recordset
Object invalid or no longer set

I can't get the message to go away, and when closing with alt f4 I get: