Author Topic: Question on Order Scheduling  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Thiosk (OP)

• Commodore
Question on Order Scheduling
« on: March 13, 2011, 12:33:50 AM »
I'm starting to get a grasp on how to move men and material.

But setting up my fleet of cargo haulers to repeat orders is proving frustrating.   
Move > Earth.   Load > Automated Factory x 6.   Move > Asteroid 40.   Unload all.   Repeat all 3x.

The orders get hung at loading\unloading.   The game seems to be trying to start the process, but since it takes 25 hours to load the items, it cancels the order queue.   I've tried mucking with the delay a bit, but I'm doing something wrong here.

Cheers
Thio

Offline Five

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • F
Re: Question on Order Scheduling
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 12:56:18 AM »
My guess would be that if it is getting stuck at the loading phase that maybe your freighters don't have room in their holds. just a guess, maybe try without telling them to get 6 and see if it works.

-Five

Offline Thiosk (OP)

• Commodore
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 01:01:18 AM »
It works when I load them manually, wait for the timer, then tell them to move and deliver.     They will then stop again after deliver, and must be manually moved back to the original location and reloaded.   

Using the fleet command interface for everything. 

Something is hinky.   (v5.  4)

edit WONK oh ok, so 'load terraforming installations" is plural.   So the fleets were finding they could only fill up once, rather than the six separate loads I ordered.

back in business.   now if i can just figure out how to jump--
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 03:46:17 AM by Thiosk »

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 07:11:26 AM »
The "load ammount" command only comes into play, when you want your freighter-fleet to load several different installations.

Example: You have a 10-ship freighter fleet, with each freighter having 5 cargo holds and is thus able to carry a single mine/CF/...

You want to bring 5 mines, 3 CFs and 2 Ordnance factroies from earth to mars.
Then you need to order it to "load 5 x Mine", "Load 3 x Construction Factroy", "Load 2 x Ornance Factory"

If you only want to put Mines on Mars, the "Load Mines" and "Unload Mines" is enough

Note: Research Labs and Terraforming Installations are a lot larger than Mines/CFs, but will be brocken up and divided between several freighters and even several freighter runs.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany