Author Topic: Bug Reports (Version 138 and up)  (Read 44723 times)

Offline MinuteMan

• Petty Officer
  • M
Re: Bug Reports (Version 138 and up)
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2021, 03:55:08 AM »

V143

1. Don't know if it is a bug or WAI.
But when a CMC gets established and you purchase the minerals, no mass driver is present.
So you need to move one their yourself.

2. Started a new game, still having issues with autoturns being interrupted for "no reason". Attached my db.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 04:25:58 AM by MinuteMan »

The following users thanked this post: Kyle

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2021, 06:02:43 PM »

V143

1. Don't know if it is a bug or WAI.
But when a CMC gets established and you purchase the minerals, no mass driver is present.
So you need to move one their yourself.

2. Started a new game, still having issues with autoturns being interrupted for "no reason". Attached my db.

1. Despite what the wiki says, CMC's do not appear to come with free mass drivers in VB6

2. Fixed for next version

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2021, 01:03:30 AM »

Seems like you can end up with designs that can't be locked as a prototype, even though there are no components on it that could be prototyped.
A request on top of that, could you make it so the component summary has a column indicating prototype status of components? I've noticed that some of the default item name schemes can push the (P) append off the edge of the display and make it hard to tell if you actually have prototypes installed or not.

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2021, 03:22:44 AM »
Seems like you can end up with designs that can't be locked as a prototype, even though there are no components on it that could be prototyped.

Obviously a bug, and I've seen this reported before, but I can't reproduce myself or see what the problem could be.  Can you post your save file where this is happening? And/or steps to reproduce

Offline MinuteMan

• Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2021, 04:40:24 AM »
When you click "Divide TG" in the "Task Groups" window "Special Orders & Organization" tab, the list of Task Groups isn't updated.
You need to close and reopen the window to get the updated list.

Question:
Where do we post feature suggestions / requests?

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2021, 11:08:12 AM »

Obviously a bug, and I've seen this reported before, but I can't reproduce myself or see what the problem could be.  Can you post your save file where this is happening? And/or steps to reproduce
Where are saves stored again? I can't seem to find them. Could be a good idea also to have the relational location of the save files declared in a readme to be distributed with the game in future updates, for anyone else needing to share their save files.

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2021, 11:18:43 AM »

Been messing with it a bit, and it seems that having even a single class design declared as a prototype will lock you out of locking class designs entirely. Maybe.
I then started a new save and the "prototype class designs cannot be locked" chased me over there too, even though i have exactly one design, that had no prototypes TO add to it. So the peril seems to be database-wide.

So how it's happening in my install: There is a prototype class (the Liminal) in one save (Campaign 1) in my entire game. When it has prototype components, I can't lock any class designs anywhere, even if I'm in another save game entirely. If I remove the prototype components from that class in that save, i'm suddenly able to lock designs everywhere again.

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2021, 11:41:02 AM »

Been messing with it a bit, and it seems that having even a single class design declared as a prototype will lock you out of locking class designs entirely. Maybe.
I then started a new save and the "prototype class designs cannot be locked" chased me over there too, even though i have exactly one design, that had no prototypes TO add to it. So the peril seems to be database-wide.

So how it's happening in my install: There is a prototype class (the Liminal) in one save (Campaign 1) in my entire game. When it has prototype components, I can't lock any class designs anywhere, even if I'm in another save game entirely. If I remove the prototype components from that class in that save, i'm suddenly able to lock designs everywhere again.

Perfect description. Found the bug, fixed it for 146, and released 146.  Thanks!

The following users thanked this post: MinuteMan, iceball3

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2021, 10:14:58 PM »
VB6 Parity bug: in VB6, a turret can be made with a tracking speed with 0%, and it will just use the racial base turret tracking speed instead at no gear expenditure. In Quasar, the desired tracking speed is capped down at 1 and will likely make the weapon unusual if it works like VB6 this way.
This is of particular concern of wanting to make hull-mounted beam weaponry with significant armor.

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2021, 11:35:23 PM »
VB6 Parity bug: in VB6, a turret can be made with a tracking speed with 0%, and it will just use the racial base turret tracking speed instead at no gear expenditure. In Quasar, the desired tracking speed is capped down at 1 and will likely make the weapon unusual if it works like VB6 this way.
This is of particular concern of wanting to make hull-mounted beam weaponry with significant armor.

Fixed for next version

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2021, 07:59:25 AM »
 - I seem to have my "Queue" Option locked in the Research Window if I make a prototype component. Easy to test / re-produce, just start a new game, make a prototype, then try to queue up some Research. I have not ruled out that I may have inadvertently disabled them somehow, but I'd figured I'd shout out about it here anyway just in case it is a bug. :)

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2021, 03:30:54 PM »
VB6 Parity bug: in VB6, you can make military designs that have no engineering spaces, with all the maintenance problems that comes with (particularly vital to designing short combat fighters). In Quasar presently, the "Freighters require at least one Engineering Spaces module" design error blocks you even if you're making a military design, or a fighter. I suspect this error will occur when trying to use downsized engineering spaces too, so it can make compact fighter designs require 1 HS of deadweight any way you cut it.

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2021, 06:00:26 PM »
Ships in orbit cannot fire their energy weapons due to atmosphere as if they were PDCs. I'm not sure if this is about whether the ship firing or the target ship as I just created two fleets in orbit of Earth and tried to have them fire at each other.
Atmospheric retention is still wonky at least for the moons (didn't check the dwarf planets). There is no screenshot due to gravity/planet type and greenhouse factor being too far away from each other to fit on a screen.
Planets with too low gravity cannot retain atmosphere which is represented by having a greenhouse factor set permanently to 0 (at least in Quasar, don't know about Aurora). The way it works in Aurora the game checks for gravity, if ti's less than 0.1 it cannot have an atmosphere. Quasar however seems to check for body type, at least in the case of the moons. Those are some of the moons that have been generated in one of the systems:
Large moon, gravity 0.11, greenhouse factor=0
Small terrestrial moon, gravity 0.086, greenhouse factor=1
Small terrestrial moon, gravity 0.16, greenhouse factor=1
Large moon, gravity 0.15, greenhouse factor=0
Overall it seems that rather than checking for gravity, Quasar simply gives greenhouse factor=0 for any moon that isn't classified as small terrestrial or terrestrial irrespective of the actual gravity.
Thank you for your time.

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2021, 06:33:02 PM »
VB6 Parity bug: The cost of fire control (and maybe active sensors?) seems to deviate very hard from how VB6 does it. One very intense example is CIWS, where I have an identical system costing three times as much in quasar as it does in VB6, with all of that new cost being uridium.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 06:34:44 PM by iceball3 »

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2021, 08:53:16 PM »
Actual bona-fide bug: Missile warheads cost nothing when allocated in values less than 0.5 MSP. This makes small-warhead missiles extremely brokenly cheap to manufacture. There may be additional rounding-style errors somewhere in there too.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 08:54:48 PM by iceball3 »