Author Topic: Age  (Read 2486 times)

Offline Theodidactus (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
What is the oldest your officers can get.
What's the oldest officer you've ever had?
I have a 93-year-old admiral and I really think it's time for him to retire, but I dunno.
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Age
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 10:54:57 AM »
Just to put a face onto this: Somewhat relevant?/
Maybe he's ready to retire? :P
What kind of longevity enhancing therapy have you got over there? Maybe your guy gets better medical treatment and still has another 100 years left in him.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 10:57:23 AM by MarcAFK »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Iranon

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 01:43:38 PM »
It seems you don't need fancy medical tech: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Thurel

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 02:34:19 PM »
it's funny how the right dates can say more than "this guy lived 100 years!"
it's probably just cause I was a history major. I saw "6 September 1698 – 10 March 1807" which to me translates as "around the time of isaac newton" to "around the war of 1812"

Jay Shah was commissioned at the height of the kuzmin directorship, when one human personally controlled every colony in space, and captained many ion-age spacecraft. He personally helped colonize two worlds one of which now has a populations of more than a billion. He lived through the decline of the directorship, several bloody revolutions, a period of democratic reforms, several less bloodly revolutions, and the establishment of a NEW autocratic empire. He's the closest confidant of Leopoldo Franca, concordant of the nine worlds. With a little luck, he'll live long enough to see the Concordance triumph in battle over some very nasty aliens who have recently shown up to menace us.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 02:37:34 PM by Theodidactus »
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline Jikor

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 08:24:41 PM »
Mine always seem to retire around their mid 60's. Maybe it's from all of his medals and such he just dosen't feel like retiring.

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 01:44:43 PM »
Jay Shah has retired at 96, but his retirement was forced. I don't know how long he would have stuck around if I didn't need to clear out dead wood.
I challenge anyone to have an older officer.

Offline Bgreman

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 02:00:15 PM »
Jay Shah has retired at 96, but his retirement was forced. I don't know how long he would have stuck around if I didn't need to clear out dead wood.
I challenge anyone to have an older officer.

I didn't know Crew Training Rating could go above 300.  Amazing!

Offline Akhillis

• Chief Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 10:16:49 PM »
I had an Admiral in her 90's in a previous game, although I didn't think to get a screenshot.
The Sorium must flow

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 10:24:27 AM »
7. Concordant  (0)
The concordant is dead?
Long live Jay Shah!
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 11:53:21 AM »
The concordant is dead?
Long live Jay Shah!

they could kill you for that...

The concordant is currently a civilian (leopoldo franca)
upon his retirement, one of the members of the 8-member concordant council will take his place and civilian control will officially end, at the same moment military control of the planets officially end. Practically speaking, both stopped a long time ago.

Shah and his octegenarian associate pavlik tikhomirov have been forced into retirement, along with one admiral. Promotions are occuring and the concordant has announced his retirement within 5 years. Some of these promotions are aspiring younger officers, careerest, and (ostensibly anyway) loyal to the concordant and not the old world orders that have since decayed. The older members of the council fear that they won't have a shot at becoming the next concordant. At the same time, the border war between the Concordance and The neighboring "enlightened lords" of Ophiuchi is heating up, some say deliberately, as Franca may have manufactured a crisis in order to force a unity of his officers.

All this is to say that the time is ripe for a coup, and you all may have a hand in how it goes down.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 03:04:09 PM by Theodidactus »

Offline hunter james

• Petty Officer
  • h
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 04:36:42 PM »
Sounds like a time for a new Julius Caesar to take power for the people lets hope he doesn't get assassinated before doing anything this time.