Author Topic: Newbie Question on what causes interrupts  (Read 1219 times)

Offline Havan_IronOak (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Newbie Question on what causes interrupts
« on: February 02, 2016, 01:23:01 PM »
I really love the way that Aurora 4x handled time advancing.

I do have a couple of questions on what is and is not causing interrupts though. Perhaps more seasoned minds can fill the rookie in on these?

Why is there no interrupt when a geological team finishes a ground survey? It seems like one is going to want to disband that team and reassemble it on another body. If I decide to go with a more role-playing aspect, is there a way to ferry a seasoned survey team around efficiently in an automated fashion?

Why does skilling up a geo-survey team cause an interrupt? Is this some method of pausing the clock that relates back to my first question?

Why aren't interrupts player configurable to a degree?
e.g. I'd love to get an interrupt is a scientist I have leading a research project dies. (I'm pretty sure that's happened at least once and went unnoticed for a bit.
I'd also like to get an interrupt when a scientist joins my team if there's no one working in his field of specialty or if he's better than someone who IS working.

I'm sure I'll have other questions about what does and doesn't stop the clock but these were "top of mind"
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 01:43:43 PM by Havan_IronOak »
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Offline Mor

• Commander
Re: Newbie Question on what causes interrupts
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 12:18:24 AM »
Interrupts are events that require immediate player attention. Since you cannot pick and choose which should fire they can become bothersome as your empire grow. Steve has worked on reducing the list of player Interrupts to the most important ones. (regardless all events are still logged in the event log) iirc its about 20 (its noted in one of the  changelogs) anything more than this and I suspect that only steve will be able to help us out here.