Author Topic: Ruin levels/conditions?  (Read 2239 times)

Offline Jacob/Lee (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • (Where I got this .gif beats me!)
Ruin levels/conditions?
« on: July 04, 2011, 12:27:02 AM »
So I was wondering what all the ruin levels and conditions were, I found a planet with a destroyed outpost on it, and was curious what the others were.

(Right board?)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 12:29:09 AM by Jacob/Lee »

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
Re: Ruin levels/conditions?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 04:00:34 AM »
The only thread I can find is this:

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,1386.0.html
The thread that is linked in the post doesn't exist anymore, I suspect it was lost during the server move.
Welchbloke

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 08:36:19 PM »
There have been a couple more levels input in the middle.  For reference a ruined city might have 200-300 installations while an intact city might have 1500+ installations.  Obviously the larger the ruin the more you can find, but also the longer it generaly takes to figure out the language.  If you ever come across another ruin from the same empire then you will not need to work out the language and it will only take the xeno team a few days to figure this out and let your engineers get to work.
The tech level is an indication of the systems you might recover from storage.  Using weapons systems the capaciter level will equal the tech level listed.  TL 5 will get you ecm/eccm 3 and TL 3 would get ecm/eccm 1 ect.

Brian

Offline Jacob/Lee (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • (Where I got this .gif beats me!)
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 08:45:58 PM »
I don't remember what the first ruin I ever found was, I do remember it had 78 installations however. After the brigade uncovered the first mine it turned into a mining colony and the rank of the ruin was lost forever AFAIK.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 05:58:17 AM »
I don't remember what the first ruin I ever found was, I do remember it had 78 installations however. After the brigade uncovered the first mine it turned into a mining colony and the rank of the ruin was lost forever AFAIK.
Once all of the installations are removed the indicator as to which type of ruin and tech level do go away.  There is currently a request to Steve to save this info but I havn't seen a response yet.  Untill this happens you can open up the system detail screen (F9) and it will still show you what size ruin is there.  The tech level and how many installations left to try to recover are on the summary page of the population and production screen (F2).

Brian